Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stephen morea

East Fishkill FD apparatus

25 posts in this topic

It has always been a mystery to me as to what the E.F.F.D runs as far as chiefs cars, engines, tankers, ladder trucks, brush trucks, ambulances, fire police units, antiques, boats, and other utility units. I know they have a whole lot but what exactly do they have and what is going to be retired being they got a couple new vehicle lately. I do understand that this is a westchester based operation but I know for a fact their are E.F.F.D. members on here so if they read this spill the info. any info will be apprieciated, thanks in advance steve.

It has always been a mystery to me as to what the E.F.F.D runs as far as chiefs cars, engines, tankers, ladder trucks, brush trucks, ambulances, fire police units, antiques, boats, and other utility units. I know they have a whole lot but what exactly do they have and what is going to be retired being they got a couple new vehicle lately. I do understand that this is a westchester based operation but I know for a fact their are E.F.F.D. members on here so if they read this spill the info. any info will be apprieciated, thanks in advance steve.

You're quite right stephen. there are a few members of this forum thst are members of the E.F.F.D., so i'm sure we will be able to answer any questions you may have. There are 4 main stations, 2 sub-stations, and Headquarters, which includes our own training facility, burn building, etc. The district is aprox. 56 square miles, (give or take a few), and we average around 3000 calls a year. we currently have 7 chief's trucks(but 8 chiefs), (4 district, and 1 for each company), 11 engines, 3 tankers, 1 ladder truck, 1 squad truck, 1 rescue truck, 4 utility trucks, a scene support unit(meat wagon), personell van, multi-use pickup truck, 2 ambulances, 2 fire police vans(retired ambulances), 3 trailers, 1 fire investigation unit(another retired ambulance), and 2 boats. We are about to take delivery of 39-51, a mini rescue, which is to replace the utility out of station 1 as well. And thats about all the typing my fingers can take for now. I'm sure if you have any more wuestions, someone else can fill you in.

Stay safe,

Robert Salani

I know that I was saying emtbravo is a westchester based operation not the E.F.F.D. I konw that is in dutchess

Oh, and i forgot that hopewell hose has a 1921? Model T fire engine, the first motorized fire apparatus in dutchess county.

Edited by EFFP411

what brands are your trucks and aren't there a few district pick ups and a hose truck

The newer engines are all marions, the older ones are all E-One. and your right we have a hose truck as well, with just over 5000 feet of 5 Inch line. there is only 1 district pickup, 39-69

Edited by EFFP411

Ok, here is a more detailed rundown. 39-1, 39-2, and 39-8 are the three district chief's trucks, all Chevy suburbans. 39-93, the Fire Investigation chief, has no district vehicle at this time, and uses his own P.O.V.. 39-3(hopewell hose's chief) has a ford excursion, 39-4(stormville) has a chevy tahoe, 39-5(Hillside lake) has a ford expedition, 39-6(wiccopee) has a ford F-150 with a cap. the company chief trucks are owned by the companys, hence the different styles and choices. 39-11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,21,and 22 are all the engines. 39-81, which was strictly a hose truck, has been refitted into a mini attack. 39-32,33,and 34 are the three tankers, all made by American Tanker. 39-46 is the ladder truck, 95' E-One tower ladder. 39-52(Marion) is the only rescue truck for now. 39-61,62,63, and 64 are the 4 utility/brush trucks. we recently replaced 62 and 64, and kept the old 62 and put plow on it. that might be where the "other pickup" came from. the rest are pretty much self explanitory.

if you look hard enough, there are pictures of our stuff all over EMT Bravo. I had a ton, until my computer crashed, and now i've got nothing....

Edited by EFFP411

East Fishkill Fire District

http://www.eastfishkillfiredistrict.org

Hopewell Hose Co. #1

http://www.hopewellhose.com

Wiccopee Fire Co. #4

http://www.wiccopeefireco.org/

EFFD 2004 Wetdown

http://www.emtbravo.com/Spec2/EFW.html

EFFD New 39-72 and 39-72

http://www.emtbravo.lunarpages.com/NewDeli...es/EFFDEMS.html

Apparatus of Hopewell Hose St. #1

http://www.emtbravo.lunarpages.com/NewDeli...es/EFFDEMS.html

Thats a start.....

We only have 10 engines not 11 unless you consider 39-81(hose truck/mini pumper) an engine. Engine 19 or 39-19 was retired. We also use to run 2 trucks...39-46 which is our Tower Ladder and 39-45 which is the snorkle we retired in 1999. From 1993 till 1999 we ran 2 engines and 2 trucks out of station 1 along with the 39-61(utility truck) and the rotation of the rescue and both ambulances. 39-61 will be retired as of feb/march of 2008 and be replaced with 39-51 the new rescue/special ops truck and in the works is a new mini pumper which will retire 39-63(utility out of station 3), which is being designed on paper as we speak and should go out to bid sometime in 2008 to be delivered possible if accepted in 2009.

Edited by effd1055

Oh, and i forgot that hopewell hose has a 1921? Model T fire engine, the first motorized fire apparatus in dutchess county.

Rob you are correct...station 1 has a 1921 Model T which is in great condition and still runs...we use it for parades just not lately...brake problems!!!

But you guys have a HUGE district, what is it 28 Sq. miles

Yes Dutchess County is taking over....Just Kidding

But you guys have a HUGE district, what is it 28 Sq. miles

Yes Dutchess County is taking over....Just Kidding

54.4 sq. mi.

But who's counting :lol:

Actually, through a little web searching one day, I believe I found evidence this claim might be incorrect.

City of Beacon

http://www.beaconfd.org/

Beacon Engine Co.

1912eng.JPG

1912 saw the company in need of an "auto" engine and thus purchased a 1912 Webb pumper, believed to be the first motorized fire engine in the county.

Lewis-Tompkins Hose Co.

Many of our older citizens undoubtedly recall seeing this wagon being drawn by the faithful Ben. Ben was replaced in 1918 when the company became the proud possessor of a shinny red Ahrens-Fox, with its silver air chamber.

Mase H&L Co.

oldladder1915.jpg

In 1911, the village board and taxpayers built the firehouse that currently serves the company. Four years later the City of Beacon purchased the companies first motorized hook and ladder truck [1915], which remained in service for 25 years.

Good call on the web site...the only thing is where do we have 6 brush trucks..last count was 4 plus a retired brush truck used only for plowing

its utility/brush so ..... 61 62 63 64 69 and the plow truck = 6

someone changed it to reflect that

Edited by Porsha911gt3

O.K. I think you guys summed it up for me but what makes/models is the heavy rescue, the squad support truck,the 2 district vans, the 2 fire police vans and the 1 investigation van? and are all the pumpers on custom or commercial cabs?

O.K. I think you guys summed it up for me but what makes/models is the heavy rescue, the squad support truck,the 2 district vans, the 2 fire police vans and the 1 investigation van? and are all the pumpers on custom or commercial cabs?

Heavy Rescue - Freightliner/Marion

Squad - Spartan/Marion

Fire police vans and investigation van - Former Ford Ambulances

Some pumpers are commercial while others are custom (Spartan/Marion, E-One)

hmmm, lets see.... well, the rescue is a marion, and if memory serves, its technically not a heavy rescue because its missing a crane and something else, but thats besides the point. The squad is also a marion spartan custom. All of the pumpers are customs, except for 14, 22, and 81, which are commercial cabs. 14 and 22 are freighliner chassis', and 81 is an international chassis, all designed by E-One. The fire police vans are 2002 Ford E-450 Lifeline mod amblances, that have been stripped of all ems equipment, and refitted with fire police equipment. The same goes for the fire investigation van, except its a 1998.