Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmokeAndFlames

What is a Incident Alert?

11 posts in this topic

I know Putnam is not a real busy county, but is it this slow?

Date: 12/27/07

Time:16:09

Frequency: 46.38

Units Operating: 12-1-1 12-1-2 12-2-1 12-5-1

Description Of Incident: Possible structure fire

Writer: (removed)

Carmel dispatched to possible structure fire called in by passer by.

12-1-1 having Brewster fast team standby in quarters

also having lake carmel with an engine standing by in quarters

multiple calls to residence finding out maybe possible on 706 Vista on the lake and not stoneleigh ave.

negative problem all units back in service and units released from standby

I know Putnam is not a real busy county, but is it this slow?

There use to be a rule about posting IA's but I guess this one got by.

There use to be a rule about posting IA's but I guess this one got by.

Thats what I thought. I was reading and saw 706 Stoneleigh. Putnam Hosp right around there?

Edited by SmokeAndFlames

You are only to post working fires, major mva's with extrication, Large Scale Hazmats, ect. This one got by, possible or reported structure fires are not to be posted until it is confirmed to be a worker. Just check out the rules in the IA forums what can and cannot be posted. Every once in a while we get one like this that slips by.

It happens, some slip by. Truck 4 moderates/leads alot of forums so it is acceptable. ;)

We can't babysit the forums 24 hours a day. We are VERY strict with the Incident Alerts, and Truck4 spends hours upon hours each week polishing up the IA forum, looking through the IA's for inaccuracies and to verify or clarify info, etc. We do have a very strict set of rules for IA's, but sometimes newer members who post IA's don't know them. We usually PM these members with the correct way to post an Incident Alert.

Incident Alerts should only be posted if it is a CONFIRMED incident only. This means by a someone on scene who can do so, like a fire chief. Also, an Incident Alert, as Izzy pointed out, should be a noteable incident only. To read the guidelines on Incident Alert Posting, please view the topics pinned to the top of the Incident Workshop forum.

I'd like once again thank those members who consistently post quality Incident Alerts, and Truck4 for all his hard work on the Incident Alert forum.

I'd also like to point out, that if you have an issue with an IA or post, hit the "Report" button to bring it to a moderators attention so that we may deal with it.

Thats what I thought. I was reading and saw 706 Stoneleigh. Putnam Hosp right around there?

Putnam Hospital is located at 664 Stoneleigh Ave.

I find the Incident Alerts on this forum to be excellent, and I have been reading them since the inception. In fact, I have used two of the for-profit buff pagers in recent years, and they both get their info from here. Of course, there are a couple now and then from members who can't follow the guidelines, but those posts are always taken care of quickly by the staff.

To call out that one IA and make a post like this is just plain disrespectful. If you have an issue with an IA, you should contact the writer or Truck4.

What was the purpose of this post even?

Wasn't there a thing called a scanner alert or something like that? If someone thinks there is an incident they post the department and frequency so people can tune in and listen. If it ends up being nothing no harm done.

I liked the idea of the scan alert. But I don't think that it was too widely used. I wish that we could bring that back. The incident Alerts are why I started coming to emtbravo originally.

I liked the idea of the scan alert. But I don't think that it was too widely used. I wish that we could bring that back. The incident Alerts are why I started coming to emtbravo originally.

I think people are scared because of things like this post are created