Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcoppola

Heck of a year end for Stamford

12 posts in this topic

I guess SFRD is ending the year on a busy note...maybe the work will head up I-95 a few exits to Norwalk.

The fire duty would be ok - the other nonsense I'm sure you could do without.

Busy?

2 in one night. We cant get 1 lately.

Busy?

Yeah, it's like the Bronx during the war years dontchathink?

Lotsa crawling down smoke filled hallways :D

2 in one night. We cant get 1 lately.

In one way, its kinda a good thing that there are none no?

This is the INCIDENT WORKSHOP Forum. This forum is to provide supplemental and breaking information in regards to area incidents, as well as to ask legitimate questions regarding the incident. It is also a forum for those on scene and involved in the incident to provide additional information to members, to answer questions, and to straighten out misconceptions. However, negative or disrespectful comments, ranting, or "bashing" of any type will not be tolerated. Please post only factual, pertinent information and post it respectfully. Posts deemed not appropriate for this forum will be locked, moved or deleted with or without notice. Thank you for your cooperation.

Does anyone have information on the incidents in Stamford?

THANKS!

:D

I guess SFRD is ending the year on a busy note...maybe the work will head up I-95 a few exits to Norwalk.

Be careful what you wish for.

Busy?

What happened a car load of Fire heading for Bronx/Harlem got off at the wrong exit in Stamford????

This is the INCIDENT WORKSHOP Forum. This forum is to provide supplemental and breaking information in regards to area incidents, as well as to ask legitimate questions regarding the incident. It is also a forum for those on scene and involved in the incident to provide additional information to members, to answer questions, and to straighten out misconceptions. However, negative or disrespectful comments, ranting, or "bashing" of any type will not be tolerated. Please post only factual, pertinent information and post it respectfully. Posts deemed not appropriate for this forum will be locked, moved or deleted with or without notice. Thank you for your cooperation.

Does anyone have information on the incidents in Stamford?

THANKS!

Then move it or close it. Sorry for the faux pas. I know the rules of the forums, I just thought two jobs at one time was interesting the way it taxes resources.

Easy killer...haha

My whole point was WHAT two jobs?

I am guessing you were talking about?

Date: 12/28/07

Time: 2336 hours

Location: 66 Glenbrook Road, cross streets East Main Street and Arlington Road

Frequency: 800 mHz Trunked

Units Operating: E-3, T-3, E-7, FM-107; Belltown E-42, T-45 Utility-40; Glenbrook E-32; SEMS M-4, M-92; SPD.

Description Of Incident: Working fire in a four story wood frame multiple dwelling. Fire contained by a sprinkler head. Under investigation by the FMO. SPD on scene for traffic control.

And...

Date: 12/28/07

Time: 2324 hours.

Frequency: 800 mHz Trunked

Units Operating: DC-2, E-4, E-1, E-6, T-1, R-1, E-2 (RIT), E-5, T-2, FM-107, Unit 6 (Safety Chief); SEMS Medic 901 (Supervisor), M-1, M-3, M-92; SPD, Relocated companies: E-7, Belltown T-45, Turn of River T-67 relocated to HQ.

Description Of Incident: Working fire in a two story, wood frame, occupied multiple dwelling. Fire on the #1 floor with minor extension to the #2 floor. Multiple lines stretched and building laddered. Tower ladder to roof. 1 civilian transported by SEMS to Stamford Hospital - unknown injury/condition. FMO called to the scene for C&O determination. SPD on scene for security and traffic control.

Yeah, that seems pretty busy! :rolleyes:

BE SAFE!

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/local...local-headlines

Firefighters in Stamford battle 2 blazes

By Monica Potts and Wynne Parry

Staff Writers

December 30, 2007

STAMFORD - Two fires minutes apart late Friday injured two people in the Cove and set off a sprinkler system in a Glenbrook apartment, where a 6-year-old boy was found home alone, fire officials said.

Two people in a two-story apartment building at 124 Blachley Road were taken to the hospital after a fire started in a first-floor apartment, Capt. Bill Avalos of Stamford Fire & Rescue said.

The fire department did not release the victims' names. A spokesman for Stamford Hospital said both were in stable condition.

Chris Poller, 41, said he and two roommates live in the apartment where the fire started.

He said he was asleep when he heard his friend yelling, "Fire, fire . . . Chris, now, get out of bed!"

He pointed to a back screen door that was damaged and hanging open.

"And the rest, I don't know," he said.

Deputy Chief Tim Conroy said at the scene that the first level of the building was heavily damaged and the upper level was damaged from smoke.

Six people were displaced, and at least three apartments in the complex are uninhabitable, Avalos said. A dog from the apartment where the fire started had to be taken to an animal hospital.

Firefighters received a call for the fire at 11:24 p.m. Firefighters came from the Shippan, downtown and South End fire stations.

At 11:34 p.m., an alarm came in for a fire in a unit of the Avalon Glen Apartments at 66 Glenbrook Road. The sprinklers had been activated and extinguished a small fire when the units arrived, Avalos said.

Firefighters discovered a 6-year-old boy who appeared to be without supervision. Police took the child into protective custody, he said.

Police interviewed the child at the scene, who said his mother was at a restaurant in downtown Stamford, Sgt. Robert Shawinsky said. He told officers he did not have a baby sitter and his mother often left him by himself, Shawinsky said.

His mother, Katrina Takeda, 32, returned home while fire engines and paramedics were on the scene with her son. She was charged yesterday with risk of injury to a child.

She was released on $10,000 bond and is to appear in court Jan. 16.

The apartment sustained smoke damage, and it and the apartment below sustained water damage from the sprinklers, Avalos said.

Volunteer firefighters from Belltown and Turn of River were called downtown on standby in case the fire department received another call while so many engines were engaged.

The Darien/Stamford Chapter of the American Red Cross provided hotel rooms for people displaced by the fire, Avalos said.

Henry Rosen, a 45-year-old production manager for Bear Naked in Stamford, sat with his wife, Ivonne, and their black lab, Draco, in a sport utility vehicle as firefighters contained the blaze at Blachley Road.

He said they lived upstairs from the burning apartment, and he and his wife grabbed Draco and ran when they heard yelling.

The Rosens were at a hotel yesterday, and he said he hoped to be able to return briefly to assess some of the damage.

"It's just material things," he said. "My wife, my puppy, myself, we're all OK."

Copyright © 2007, Southern Connecticut Newspapers, Inc.