Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
orangEMT246

Two more hospitals closing in Newark NJ

3 posts in this topic

Two more hospitals are falling on hard times here in New Jersey. Are we going to see more hospitals closing and more "doc in the box" opening up to provide acute care? An example would be Crystal Run Healthcare in Orange County and Medicus in Dutchess. There is also a new "urgent care center" opening soon on Rt. 299 in Highland NY. At least no hospitals in the Hudson Valley are going to close soon. (I hope). This article was in the "Star-Ledger" newspaper in Newark.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/01/2...ould_close.html

Edited by orangEMT246

St. Lukes is looking at opening an Urgent care center in Fishkill.

"Doc in the Box." I like that! :lol:

All kidding aside, my personal experiences with Medicus in Dutchess (there have been quite a few) have all been excellent, and it would be my first choice over the Emergency room at Vassar or St. Francis-exceptng an apparently life threatening event, of course. For the occasional childhood malady or for flu-like symptoms, Medicus (and DOCS) have provided my family and me with reasonably prompt and thorough care, without a mountain of paperwork to fill out.

I'm sure there are many who have had bad experiences at these walk-in facilities. My last experience with the ER at Vassar a number of years ago is enough to keep me away from there unless I'm being wheeled in.

Edited by Stepjam