Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Monty

Good story on close call in Rochester FD

6 posts in this topic

Good piece by WHEC on an incident in Rochester. Close call with a good outcome -

www.whec.com

Posted at: 01/15/2008 05:03:29 PM

Updated at: 01/15/2008 07:46:27 PM

By: Catherine Varnum

Firefighter rescue

Monday night a Rochester firefighter ran out of oxygen and was in danger of collapsing inside a burning home. Tuesday night he was back on the job. Jeff Simpson says he feels fine and was anxious to get back to work tonight.

“My viber alert was going off and then it stopped,” Simpson said.

Full Story linked below:

http://www.whec.com/article/stories/S314526.shtml

oh the media....."ran out of oxygen".....

Glad the brother made it out alright...stay safe!

Glad all went well. Shows how experience and training pays off in situations like this and kudos to all of them for having ladders placed for egress.

I'm interested to know as well as to what happened, he seems surprised he lost air so quickly so perhaps something was wrong. Always remember when the vibra alert goes off you have 25% of your air volume left or you've had a failure of your primary pressure reducing assembly.

Awesome job by our brother and by those on scene to ensure the risks were minimized.

oh the media....."ran out of oxygen".....

That's the media for ya! :lol: Aren't they great at what they do? :rolleyes:

Mike

Here is the link to the audio from the fire that night, you can hear the mayday over the air.

http://www.mcfw.com/source/images/jan08/clinton.html

Whenever the City of Rochester gets a big fire my department usually fills into one of their stations, so we always listen closely to what is going on. It was quite chilling to hear it live when it happened. We ended up going to fill-in at one of the city firehouses a short time later.

Edited by Porsha911gt3