Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

"Press Credentials"

6 posts in this topic

I'm just curious if Westchester County (or any other municipality) "credentials" press officials, or how they decide what is a legitamate news orginization or not?

Per the NY Press association

Membership Criteria

NYPA offers several membership options. In each case, membership is by paper (not company), and is voted on by the board of directors. Applications for membership are reviewed by the board four times annually in April, June, September and November.

Regular Full Membership is limited to newspapers regularly published once a week in New York state, and mailed as Periodicals class postal matter. Full membership entitles the member to one vote. A chain or group of newspapers published from one plant or under one ownership is entitled to one vote.

IF you get registered there, then you can go to the DMV and apply to get one of those nifty NYP plates

nyp.gif

Now can you get me my EMTBravo press credentials already so I can go to all the Yankee Games free of charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now can you get me my EMTBravo press credentials already so I can go to all the Yankee Games free of charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew you were looking at some angle!!! LOL

The County and some municipalities do issue press passes (I think Yonkers does as well) but I'm not sure how stringent the criteria are.

I knew you were looking at some angle!!! LOL

The County and some municipalities do issue press passes (I think Yonkers does as well) but I'm not sure how stringent the criteria are.

I'd imagine that just like any other "documentation" you need, it costs money. If it didn't - this wouldn't be Westchester County, New York!

I'd imagine that just like any other "documentation" you need, it costs money. If it didn't - this wouldn't be Westchester County, New York!

Actually, they do not cost anything. They are issued to those members of the working press corps, i.e. TJN, News 12, RNN, etc... who work a full time job as a member of an accredited media organization. A letter from the organization's editor and employer id are required.