Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Photos - E-One Factory Unmarked Rescue 3 FFD

16 posts in this topic

1977 Chevy Light duty Fairview FD Greenburgh NY - Rescue 3 at E-One Plant in Ocala Florida.

Pre -Delivery pictures are always welcome on Protection From the Past !

Enjoy !

post-23-1200701288.jpg

Rescue 3 Fairview at E-One Factory in 1977.

post-23-1200701448.jpg

On Tarrytown RD Corner of Manhattan AV in the early 80's.

post-23-1200701669.jpg

Fairview Greenburgh unmarked R3

post-23-1200704146.jpg

In Service early 1980's on Rt.119

Let me know what you guys think.

Also have Factory pics of 1996 KME Rescue unmarked in PA at Factory.

post-23-1200704373.jpg

Cool photos! One question...I would assume the number on the side of the Rescue is the Fairview house number? Was this the "emergency" number? Or was the 911 emergency system in place?

Cool photos! One question...I would assume the number on the side of the Rescue is the Fairview house number? Was this the "emergency" number? Or was the 911 emergency system in place?

Fire EMERGENCY number still used today. This was way before 911 was in Westchester County. The dept. mailed phone stickers to every resident to have number posted on phone. I still see the orange stickers on elderly peoples phones. It worked well.

Fire EMERGENCY number still used today. This was way before 911 was in Westchester County. The dept. mailed phone stickers to every resident to have number posted on phone. I still see the orange stickers on elderly peoples phones. It worked well.

Not to hijack this thread, but speaking of telephone numbers, up until the early 1980's to call someone else within the Village of Croton on Hudson (271 exchange) you only had to dial that person's four digit number, no prefix needed.

On the apron at HQ's

post-23-1200711463.jpg

E-One Engine 174 at the FTC in the early 80's

post-23-1200756960.jpg

Pre Delivery

post-23-1200969177.jpg

rear

post-23-1201377684.jpg

In Quarters

post-23-1201377907.jpg

Venting TS1 & R3 in back.

post-23-1201378017.jpg

AWESOME Photos Tim! Thanks for sharing! I LOVED the old Rescue 3. And I love Fairview FD and the apparatus of the past (and future)

Does Greenburgh Civil Defense still have it? Last time I saw it out was at Hartsdale's 100th Anniversary Parade at Webb Field. It was assigned GPD #445 and had the "old" color scheme. It was being used as a generator truck. If it's still around, where do they keep it?

post-11-1201379068.jpg

AWESOME Photos Tim! Thanks for sharing! I LOVED the old Rescue 3. And I love Fairview FD and the apparatus of the past (and future)

Does Greenburgh Civil Defense still have it? Last time I saw it out was at Hartsdale's 100th Anniversary Parade at Webb Field. It was assigned GPD #445 and had the "old" color scheme. It was being used as a generator truck. If it's still around, where do they keep it?

What exactly happened to it when the police took it? scrapped the old body? Shops conversion? Doesn't look as nice as it once did.