Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T. John

New Sound Beach Fire Rescue Website

11 posts in this topic

We just launched our new website. The URL is www.soundbeachfire.org. A number of new features will be coming in the future including apparatus profiles and a photo album. The new website is designed primarily for public education, announcements and general PR. The homepage photo does change on every refresh.

I hope you enjoy it and feel free to send me any comments (we are still spell checking too)!

When i saw your trench site, i noticed that on your strutts their were bungee straps? What is the purpose of them? Thanks

When i saw your trench site, i noticed that on your strutts their were bungee straps? What is the purpose of them? Thanks

You do that so when you are passing the shore it doesn't come apart.

You do that so when you are passing the shore it doesn't come apart.

joeya7 is right. All of our struts have a bungee attached to them so that they don't come apart when lowering them into a trench. The bungee allows the strut to still be expanded but wont separate if pulled too far. You can also do the same thing with passing a rope through through the ring and affixing it to the opposite side. We found the bungee to work the best.

Now that's a handsome site guys. Pretty sharp

Yes it is!! our webmaster did a great job. Take some time and look there a lot more info than most would normally see.

Yes it is!! our webmaster did a great job. Take some time and look there a lot more info than most would normally see.

Why thank you :-) It took about 2 months to get everything in place and still a lot more work to be done. Photo album is currently being developed and eventually a secure members only section as well.

The focus on the new (public facing) website is public education. We want the public to know what we do, why we do it and how we do it. The site is part of a new marketing campaign and customer service initiative. We also want to inform other area departments of our services and capabilities.

Stay tuned, more to come...

nice, how about some photos of the apparatus and equipment

nice, how about some photos of the apparatus and equipment

We are working on that now, trying to get new apparatus pictures, member profiles and a photo album. We are building a new site management system to manage all of the press releases and photos so it should be online hopefully soon.