Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryefd192

First Pics (of many hopefully) of Apparatus in the area in and around Auburn, Al

6 posts in this topic

This Is Auburn's engine 3, a KME Commerical cab (unknown year). I took these in the Walmart parking lot; hence only the driver's side view. I hope to make it to one of their stations in the coming weeks to get more of Auburn's apparatus, and will also take pictures of the apparatus in my department soon since I finally got a digital camera. (An Olympus Stylus 790 SW)

P1300064.jpg

P1300065.jpg

P1300066.jpg

P1300067.jpg

Just to add (since I meant to in the original post) I found it an interesting location for a booster reel. Also, I was interested to see that they chocked the wheels.

I was interested to see that they chocked the wheels.

why?

Because more often than not, when I see a piece of apparatus parked somewhere other than an Incident, the wheels are never chocked. And I was amazed to see that Auburn did. However they run a tight department, and I'm sure its something that gets drilled into them.

Just wondering if you know why they have the dog pawprint on the pump panel area.

Its supposed to be a tiger paw. Auburn University's mascot is the Tigers. (as in my display pic). Also Auburn's colors are Blue and Orange, and our home uniforms are white, hence the color and striping of the truck.

Edited by ryefd192