Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dc2t

Code 3 Announces Release Of Yonkers Engine 306 1/64th Diecast Replica

6 posts in this topic

FINALLY! Looks awesome!

A release I actually want to buy!!! It's been a long time since something from Code 3 interested me.

Model looks real good !

12129_00_large.jpg

12129_11_large.jpg

12129_12_large.jpg

12129_13_large.jpg

Just a short train ride from Manhattan’s Grand Central Station is the city of Yonkers, New York where I was able to visit the Headquarters of the Yonkers Fire Department. Both the Commissioner and Chief were impressed with the finished model of Engine 306. The guys at Fire Station 6 were equally excited to see Engine 306 in miniature and proudly drove the Engine out of the house for pictures.

Fire Station 6, which houses Engine 306, was built in 1901, located at 81 Oak Street and is the home to Engine Company 306, a 2004 American La France 1000gpm pumper with a 500-gallon tank. It is powered by a Detroit Diesel series 60, 470 HP engine and an Allison 4000 PR EVS transmission

With 80% new tooling this is the first of many new tools you will see this year. Though there are some elements from existing tooling this is a distinct new model for your collection. This beautiful American LaFrance Pumper has been created with great attention to detail and it is one not to miss. Those who have previewed the Yonkers model have all indicated a quick sell out on this introduction.

- John H. Dunkel

YONKERS ENGINE 306 is a 2004 American La France 1000gpm pumper with a 500-gallon tank. It is powered by a Detroit Diesel series 60, 470 HP engine and a Allison 4000 PR EVS transmission.

Engine 306 is headquartered in Fire Station 6 built in 1901, located at 81 Oak Street. The station is manned by a Captain (the house commander), a split Captain which rotates thru multiple firehouses, three Lieutenants and seventeen firefighters. The crew consists

of one officer and three firefighters per tour.

Engine 306 has been the busiest Engine Company in Yonkers since the 80’s. The working fires of record has shown that this company as the busiest engine in the city and 6th in national surveys thru out the United States. Its area is a mixture of commercial property, high rise apartments, wood frame tenements and single family structures.

Station 6 was to celebrate its 100th anniversary in September 2001, however due to the events of September 11th, this was postponed until September 2002.

This apparatus is dedicated in the Memory of Deputy Chief Chris Kiernan. This company was in Chris’s blood, having served much of is career there as a firefighter, Lieutenant and Captain prior being promoted to Assistant Chief. As Deputy Chief in charge of the Suppression Office, he was instrumental in bringing back the Federal Q sirens and bells on all the Yonkers apparatus. His strong belief was to get the best equipment for the firefighters and the citizens that Yonkers protects.

Chris passed away suddenly in February 2004 before seeing this apparatus placed in service.

The issuance of this unit by Code 3 has a special meaning for the members, family and friends of both Chris (Car 4) and the Yonkers Fire Department.

What an outstanding tribute to the late Chris Kiernan. Although I did not know Chris personally, from what I have been told by those who knew him and his family well, over the past 40 years or so, have said that he loved the Yonkers Fire Department, its rank n' file as well as Engine 306. He set the bar extremely high as it relates to the Management of Fire Supression Operations and Apparatus Design and Development, not only in Yonkers but throughout New York State, that will be difficult for anyone to come close to. He was instrumental in getting Rescue 1 back into service back in late 1990's and his determination to this cause became a reality in 2000.

I would encourage everyone who knew Chris to purchase this model of the Rig that was one of his last goals and objectives while he was with us, protecting the City of Yonkers, in his memory and honor.