Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

TV News Sued Over Station Nightclub Video

6 posts in this topic

Lawyer: Tentative $30M Deal In Nightclub Fire Case

PROVIDENCE (AP) ― A TV station and a cameraman accused of getting in the way of people fleeing the nightclub fire that killed 100 people have reached a tentative $30 million settlement with survivors and victims' relatives, a lawyer involved in the deal said Saturday.

http://wbztv.com/local/station.nightclub.fire.2.644301.html

That was such a Senseless......HORRIBLE, tragedy, so many innocent people lost their lives......

May their souls rest in peace......................

I cannot fathom the depths that the "lawyers" stoop to.... they're suing Budweiser!!!!

Why not sue Chevy or Ford... people drove their cars to the club, no? ,

Sue ExxonMobil, they had gas in their cars...

Please. Gimme a break...where will the idiocy stop...

and it Quote the article that states:

"Chris Fontaine, who lost her son, Mark, in the fire and whose daughter, Melanie, was injured, said she was not surprised to learn about the latest deal because lawyers had told her to expect additional settlements. But she said the news brought her little comfort.

"This has never been about the money," Fontaine said. "No amount of money is ever going to bring back my son or remove the scars from my daughter."

be safe out there

Well, this is not about the victims or their families. It's all about the BLOODSUCKING LAWYERS just trying to make a buck or two. I think they get one third of all the settlemnts, so the more people that sue, the richer they become.

Edited by DOC22

And the best part is, these days everyone pretty much just settles!

Nothing for nothing and like i says but this is a little bit more than just the settlement. So yeah some lawyers in our eyes are doing some low things with the legal action they are taking. If a camera man did block off a means of egress for people than this sends a message to camera men and news stations everywhere...use some common sense when shooting film at an emergency. Also it sends a strong message to all of the shady night club owners out there and those that sponser events in clubs like The Station.

I hope we all learned from this horrible tragedy I really do. I hope that bar and club owners look not only at the horrible loss of life but the financial loss of this event. People died, people went to jail, and people were sued. To us it maybe looks a little excesive. But to the people who were involved in that fire it's not. History often repeats it's self so i'm sure we will see another tragedy some day. I hope we don't but each day bars and clubs pack themselves up and over the maximum occupancy.

This will happen again. And everyone needs to know what the consequences are for participating in something like this.