Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oc344

NYPD ESU Question

7 posts in this topic

In this photo I notice the typical NYPD logo is not on the front fender, can anyone tell me what logo that is? Also on the upper Manhattan truck I notice that on the hood it reads "HAR2LEM" instead of "POLICE". Is this the only truck that has a different decal on the hood? Thanks for your help, trying to build a diecast NYPD ESU truck, just have to pick the decals and which truck number to put on it.

George

nypd1631.jpg

nypd1557.jpg

I believe the logo is ESU 75th anniversary logo....

Edited by JJB531

another question...I have never seen a NYPD car or truck with a blue light lense. In the first pic i see a blue light lense. Why is that?

Edited by snowman

That is the name of 3 of their members who were killed at the trade center.

The "blue" light is illegal in NYC unless of course you are the PD than you can have it.

The front decal is their "buffy" side coming out.

The markings you see on the Adam car are more or less "unofficial" decals. ESU generally displays a special patch that was put on their vehicles that list all members of the service that were killed on 911. The photo you have shows one that the members of Truck 3 put together and had made up as a tribute to the officers from their truck that were lost on 911. The harlem thing is something that was put on my members of the unit as well. I'm sure if someone got a big enough hard on about it. The word would read POLICE again by tomorrow. (a lot of ESU vehicles have an old "navy" sticker on it saying ANYTIME BABY)

The blue lights are coming back. Slow but surely. ESU generally displayed a blue light in one of the rotators in the rear of the vehicles. It was more or less done by their choice, because the department up till about 6 months ago fought the display of any blue light on the vehicles. ESU works with Federal LE often, and the feds display red/blue as a standard light package. NYPD is putting blue lights on more of their vehicles to include the motorcycles. The visability of Blue at night stands well. The blue will be used in secondary lights, like flashers to the rear, or back deck lights.

Hope this helps

The patches and logo's are those of the specific truck squads. Harlem 2 is truck 2 which is located in harlem pictured is the adam or boy car. The other picture is of the adam or boy car of truck 3 with there squad patch.