Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JTF429

YPD Motorcycle Cops

6 posts in this topic

I have been seeing a lot of old pictures from the 70's on here lately. my dad was a Yonkers wheel man in the mid 70's to mid 80's. he retired in 1992. P.O. Gene Kovalsky #594. If anyone knew him or has any photo's I would love to hear from you. jtf429@yahoo.com. Thanks, Joe

I have been seeing a lot of old pictures from the 70's on here lately. my dad was a Yonkers wheel man in the mid 70's to mid 80's. he retired in 1992. P.O. Gene Kovalsky #594. If anyone knew him or has any photo's I would love to hear from you. jtf429@yahoo.com. Thanks, Joe

The man you need to contact is retired Chief George Rutledge. He is the department historian and has some great stuff.

GR405@AOL.COM

The man you need to contact is retired Chief George Rutledge. He is the department historian and has some great stuff.

GR405@AOL.COM

THANKS FOR THE REPLY. I HAVE AND I HAVE SOME STUFF FROM MY DAD THAT I AM DONATING TO THE MUSUEM. I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH 3 OFFICERS FROM YONKRES WHO HAVE BEEN ALOT OF HELP WITH THAT STUFF. THANKS AGAIN JOE

MOD Note: Joe, when you post, please turn off the CAPS LOCK!

Edited by jack10562

I always thought a "Wheel Man " was they guy who drove the get-a-way car from a bank robbery!

I always thought a "Wheel Man " was they guy who drove the get-a-way car from a bank robbery!
It is aterm sometimes used for bike cops also know as motorcycle cops.

THANKS FOR THE REPLY. I HAVE AND I HAVE SOME STUFF FROM MY DAD THAT I AM DONATING TO THE MUSUEM. I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH 3 OFFICERS FROM YONKRES WHO HAVE BEEN ALOT OF HELP WITH THAT STUFF. THANKS AGAIN JOE

MOD Note: Joe, when you post, please turn off the CAPS LOCK!

sorry I didn't know the caps were a big deal I will work on it next time

Edited by DOC22