Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
INIT915

EMS Mega Call Audit

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone think they'd be interested in a Mega Call Audit. Something like an 8-Hour Saturday? Food and all provided? Similar to Mohegans Mega CME a while back.

Does anyone think they'd be interested in a Mega Call Audit. Something like an 8-Hour Saturday? Food and all provided? Similar to Mohegans Mega CME a while back.

I certainly would be... I need audits and can't find the time to go to one here and there...

I certainly would be... I need audits and can't find the time to go to one here and there...

I agree. If enough interest is expressed, I am willing to set it up, i.e., find a place, get the Docs, clear the region... These 1 Hr here and there audits are not always feasible.

I agree. If enough interest is expressed, I am willing to set it up, i.e., find a place, get the Docs, clear the region... These 1 Hr here and there audits are not always feasible.

I was just talking to another medic last night who was interested also in these mega audits... I'm hoping to get all of my audits done by going to three or four of these things...

INIT915,

I might have a location for you.

Hit me up.

audits????????

New York State is broken up into Medical Advisory Committee regions... in order to practice prehospital medicine in a particular region, EMS providers have to attend a certain number of audits over a period of time. At the audits, an ER physician will pull prehospital care reports and discuss the jobs with the attendees. Discussion is usually geared towards the nature of the call, the care that was given, any positive points, anything that could have been done differently, and sometimes patient outcomes (discharged, admitted, deceased)

I personally hate going to them and think they're a huge waste of my personal time... but.... whaddya gonna go...

I personally hate going to them and think they're a huge waste of my personal time... but.... whaddya gonna do...

Exactly. I feel in the almost nine years I needed to attend, I can quite literally say I have never learned anything.

RWC- Already thought about you for the venue. Thanks for watching out. We can discuss it further if the interest develops.

Exactly. I feel in the almost nine years I needed to attend, I can quite literally say I have never learned anything.

hahaha, yeah in my 9 years I've learned how to sleep with my eyes open...