Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

Camp Smith Training Schedule - 2005

10 posts in this topic

I have the NYS OFPC 2005 Course Book/Schedule for Montour Falls and Camp Smith.

If anyone would like information on a particular course you can PM me or E-Mail me, I will be more than happy to look it up for you. Below are the categories of which there are numerous courses.

-Emergency Response to Terrorism

-Fire/Arson Investigation

-Fire Officer Development

-Fire Suppression

-Hazardous Materials

-Health & Safety

-Technical Rescue

I will be posting the actual 2005 list in a few days. :D

yes, what about the trench collapse ??? I see that ( Basic ops. ) is offered in May, on the weekends... But then there is no scheduled advanced for weekends in 2005 .... will one be offered if the " basic " runs....

as it was, it took me almost 2 years to complete the building collapse course...

maybe we could start a forum for people planning to sign up for courses at Smith, and actually get them filled

There are copies of the 2005 training schedule for Camp Smith and Montour Falls at the Annex at Camp Smith in the admin building, the fire training center and if you want one you can call the academy at (607) 535-7136, follow the voice prompt to get to the operator and request one be sent to you.

Guys the succes of the courses depends on participation. Unfortunately, you will notice that some things are beginning to show signs of deterioration at the annex due to lack of funding and things won't be getting better anytime soon. There are projects at the Academy that require attention and one high priority which is the burn building on site was condemned and needs to be replaced and it looks like there won't be any funding to accomplish that anytime soon there as well. We are doing very well on the county level with filling courses there, keep it up and hopefully things will be on the upswing with getting more out there.

Along the lines of Hazmet....I could use a refresher up to the ops level and would like to take the Technician class. Do they do the 24 hour class or do they also offer the full EPA 40 hour? They were supposed to do more of the 40 hour EPA Hazmat Tech class at county, but then the EPA nixed that idea and pulled them back to Essex NJ.

57Crew,

Thanks!! NYS OFPC website has the 2004 schedule. I know the 2005 will be posted sometime soon....hopefully but I am gonna try to get a lil

ahead of the game and post in on here for everyone.

A LOT of typing. haha :roll:

I know the 2005 will be posted sometime soon...

2004's schedule was posting in March, 2004.

I guess that would be soon. March is only 3 1/2 months away.

I noticed that for classes you have to submit a Training Authorization letter. This appears to be only for firefighters. Is training at Camp Smith (and other OFPC sites) open to non-fire (read: EMS/Police/etc) personel?

The easy answer is no. The two reasons are insurance and agency status/affiliation. When I say status I mean federal ID # etc. There is a large unitarian (or what ever they are) compound by my district and they have a "fire brigade" teh county coordinater tried to push them through to get them into a class but the insurance thing became a huge deal. The only way would be to lie cheat and steal.