Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I'm very impressed with myself

4 posts in this topic

Currently on about a month and a half into my EMT-B course, I have to say that I am surprising myself.

You see, I tried taking the class many years ago (1998) when I was younger and not really into much. I stopped attending class 2 months into it and just gave up.

Now I am taking it again and I cannot believe how well I am doing! It is so much easier for me to grasp the concepts now and to actually understand the flow of things including patient assessment.

My Grades so far are something like this

Quiz 1 - 92%

Quiz 2 - 94%

Quiz 3 - 100%

Test 1 - 87%

Test 2 - 94%

Test 3 - 98% (Today)

Meanwhile, mostly everyone in class cannot get out of the 70's and a few are in the low 80's range. I feel kinda guilty when everyone is comparing scores and I have to tell them my High Score (LOL) :P I always get that "You Sunmabych) look. They've started calling me "nerd" in a nice way.

Not here to brag, just very happy with myself and hope I can stick it through. I hope no one has ever heard of a case of somoene doing this well and then completely failing the State Test :(

I know of two people: one failed the practical exam and the other never finished clinical rotations and wasn't allowed to sit for the written test. Both did very well up to that point.

There are two types of new EMT's: the ones who do just enough to pass and the ones who take it seriously and do well. Good for you that you're the latter. I'm glad you're taking it seriously.

As an aside: I really wish they would crank up the final testing requirements and stop with the multiple re-attempts they offer. You get people who eventually pass just by the virtue that they have done it 2 or 3 times during testing alone.

Congrats! I took the course about 1 1/2 years ago and sat through the WHOLE course got ok grades(85-90"s) on all tests and quizzes and dropped out of the class the day of the practical.(Biggest mistake I have ever made) I regret it so much but I am just waiting to find a little more time to re take it. So stick with it and all your hard work will pay off.