Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

Westchester Fire/EMS Trunked System

145 posts in this topic

thanks for the information on the pro97 scanner.spike 2231,was this warrenty problem or a recall?

Has anybody tried programming the system into a Uniden BC 785D? Need some help with it? Also does anybody out there have the programming cable and software for this scanner as well?

Thanks

Mike

The programming cable is a standard M-F RS232 Serial Cable. Staples has em. If you don't have a serial port use the IOGear USB to Serial adaptor. The software is made by http://www.butel.nl.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Has anybody tried programming the system into a Uniden BC 785D? Need some help with it? Also does anybody out there have the programming cable and software for this scanner as well?

Thanks

Mike

Im looking for some help programming the BCD996T. I thought I got all the info correct, but i have not had any reception yet. If i stop the scan on a control channel, i get the noise (in scan it doesnot stop on the noise). I have the band plan set correctly and have also input the six freq for each zone. Talk group Id's are in as well. The system is set as Motorola type II. What am i missing??

Does anyone have a list of the talkgroup ID's?

Thanks.

Question for Any1 having the BCT 15

Just got the scanner programmed and everything, and can only hear transmissions when the scanner is in manual mode and not scanning mode.. Anybody who may have a solution or might have experienced the same problem pleae let me know...Thanx

Edited by 57truck

Question for Any1 having the BCT 15

Just got the scanner programmed and everything, and can only hear transmissions when the scanner is in manual mode and not scanning mode.. Anybody who may have a solution or might have experienced the same problem pleae let me know...Thanx

If all your settings are correct as stated in previous posts, is the scanner in in open(seach ID) or closed(scan ID) mode? If it is in closed mode it will only receive TG's that are programmed in, whereas in open mode it will receive everything on the system.

Fire Depts on the new system for " Every Call " 11/9/07

Fire 11

Hawthorne

Pleasantville

Thormwood

Valhalla

Fire 13

Croton Falls

Fire 16

Bedford

Bedford Hills

Chappaqua

Katonah

Fire 19

Purchase

Fire Depts on the new system for " Every Call " 11/9/07

Fire 11

Hawthorne

Pleasantville

Thormwood

Valhalla

Fire 13

Croton Falls

Fire 16

Bedford

Bedford Hills

Chappaqua

Katonah

Fire 19

Purchase

Tim,

You're leaving out South Salem FD on Fire 13 as well as Pound Ridge VAC on EMS 13. So far it seems to be working out well, maybe someone in the field from these agencies can throw in their two cents.

Thanks , noted !

Came across a new license for the Trunked System - WQHV394.

New frequency 470.2000MHZ for the three South Zone sites.

According to the the FCC's website, Westchester has not gotten authorization for the sixth frequency for this Zone. Current authorized frequencies for the South Zone are now 470.2000, 476.0750, 476.1125, 476.2125, 476.2375MHz.

Here's my question...

I programmed 470.3500 ( which is listed as one of the N. Zones ) into my Radio Shack Pro-96 scanner. I heard Battalion 13 sign on and coordinate mutual aid with a Northern Westchester Dept. I just programmed it in as I would any normal frequency and I was able to here the trunked channel. Is this normal?

Edited by DFFD227

Here's my question...

I programmed 470.3500 ( which is listed as one of the N. Zones ) into my Radio Shack Pro-96 scanner. I heard Battalion 13 sign on and coordinate mutual aid with a Northern Westchester Dept. I just programmed it in as I would any normal frequency and I was able to here the trunked channel. Is this normal?

Without the other frequencies programmed for the North Zone, AND those frequencies programmed for Motorola UHF type II, you will not be able to follow a conversation (i.e. Batt. 13). Every transmission (when a radio is keyed to transmit) is assigned a frequency to use for that specific transmission. By programming just a frequency, as you did, you will hear the transmission, but a subsequent transmission following may be assigned to a different frequency, thus you will not hear the full conversation. Secondly, by just programming the frequency without it being set up correctly for trunktracking, you will hear all transmissions on that frequency which would include Fire, EMS, and the BeeLine Buses. Your scanner cannot differentiate between the various agencies using the system unless the scanner is programmed correctly to follow the trunked system and you program the Talkgroups you want to listen to.

Just monitored on the EMS bank a report to Hudson Valley Hospital from Yorktown Ambulance enrt with a patient !

System is being used ! on "B" Ems as well.

So what other hospitals are useing the Trunk systems. Besides HVHC.

So what other hospitals are useing the Trunk systems. Besides HVHC.

Not sure , I know that the equiptment (radios) still needed to be installed at the Emergency rooms.

Fire Dept. Ambulances are also transmitting to 60 control on mobiles responding to calls "B" bank.

The reason you hear traffic going into Hudson Valley ER on the trunked is because their VHF was OOS this week.

Now, more importantly - I need some scanner help.

I got a BCT15. Got the conventional programmed fine. Need help with the trunked.

I made a system for NORTH COUNTY ZONES.

Site I made is NORTH (says "MU2" to the right).

Frequencies entered are 470.325, 350, 375, 525, 550, 575

Modulation is on NFM.

Attenuator is ON.

Lockout set for UNLOCKED.

Hold Time is 2.

Band Plan 1 is set for 470.000, step of 12.5khz, Offset is 380.

C-Ch only is OFF.

Range is 20 Mile.

Not getting anything - any thoughts???

it was my knowledge that all hospitals were up and running except WPH due to construction and they don't want to spend money (about $15k) to temporarily set it up until after all construction is complete...i was told this by a MetroCom employee about 3 weeks ago.

The reason you hear traffic going into Hudson Valley ER on the trunked is because their VHF was OOS this week.

Now, more importantly - I need some scanner help.

I got a BCT15. Got the conventional programmed fine. Need help with the trunked.

I made a system for NORTH COUNTY ZONES.

Site I made is NORTH (says "MU2" to the right).

Frequencies entered are 470.325, 350, 375, 525, 550, 575

Modulation is on NFM.

Attenuator is ON.

Lockout set for UNLOCKED.

Hold Time is 2.

Band Plan 1 is set for 470.000, step of 12.5khz, Offset is 380.

C-Ch only is OFF.

Range is 20 Mile.

Not getting anything - any thoughts???

Remember585,

Send a PM to 57Truck ,, He has a Uniden BCT15 and programmed the Trunk tlk groups - had trouble at first , but he got it workin' .

TR54

Thanks Tim!

I think I got it, I didn't set my State / Location / Range info right. Actually seeing the signal indicator on top now.

It's just a matter of waiting for someone to talk on it now! ;)

Try this Easier to read BCT15 Users Manual. Pay attention to the Programming Systems - Motorola.

Scroll down to Menu Outline, this looks like it should be a step by step outline for what you need to do. Follow the menu for Motorola type II UHF.

Edited by SteveOFD

Just heard Briarcliff Ambulance with patient status going to Phelps ER.

Have a problem with the new system in my scanner. I thought I had it programmed right however no audio comes over. It picks up the ID but no audio comes through. Any ideas???

By ID what do you mean? Please list the ID #('s) you are receiving. This might help.

If you have the ID but no Audio then you have your base/step/offset wrong..

If you have the ID but no Audio then you have your base/step/offset wrong..

Or your volume is turned off.... ;)

Going back to my Hospital question. How do you use the trunked system to contact the hospital. That was something not covered in the train the trainer at DES. Maybe someone who has use it can expain how it works.

North Zone, Range 1: Base = 470.0 MHz, Step = 12.5 kHz, Channel = 380

South Zone, Range 1: Base = 469.525 MHz, Step = 12.5 kHz, Channel = 380

South Zone, Range 2: Base = 476.075 MHz, Step = 12.5 kHz, Channel = 526