Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

Westchester Fire/EMS Trunked System

145 posts in this topic

I heard hap a few moment's ago, with the old base and off set. The only problem i had is that it didn't stop it's regular scaning mode and pick up the transmisions. I had to stop and go to the trunk channel by hand and go thur the channels manually. Does anyone know how i can fix that problem.

Edited by ems-buff

What portable and mobile radio models will work on this new system?

I heard hap a few moment's ago, with the old base and off set. The only problem i had is that it didn't stop it's regular scaning mode and pick up the transmisions. I had to stop and go to the trunk channel by hand and go thur the channels manually. Does anyone know how i can fix that problem.

For the North Zone use the settings from my post #28 above. I am receiving with no problem from the North Zone. tbendick has some settings posted in post #25 for the South Zone. I can't confirm these but we have been working on these the last couple of days.

Done and Done..

I just redid my whole trunk bank, which was not easy i might add.... So far I have only one Contorl channel that is active, That is 476.2375. The contorl % jumps around so I have know Idea what that means. and i did all my MOT Channel. Now I have the Radioshack Pro 2055 That only allows 3 Base's (I belive that is what it's called) This is what I have so far. Please correct if need be.

Base 1:

Spaceing 12.5

Offset 380

Base 2

Spaceing 12.5

Offset 380

Base 3

Spaceing 12.5

Offset 570

Edited by ems-buff

EMS-Buff change what you have to..

470.000 - 380 - 12.5

469.525 - 380 - 12.5

475.750 - 500 - 12.5

Give this a try we will have everything a 100% tomorrow. Myself and steveOFD have been working hard on getting it all correct.

So far we know that setting your radio to 470.000 - 380 - 12.5 will work for the north zone no problem

475.750 - 500 - 12.5 is working for the south zone and still confirming the 469.525 - 380 - 12.5

Ok.. But do you know if just hearing One Contorl Channel is normal?

Edited by ems-buff

Ok.. But do you know if just hearing One Contorl Channel is normal?

You only need to receive one Control Channel to listen to the System. This System is "technically" two separate systems that work together. They are separate in that each Zone has its own frequencies. They work together in that the Talkgroups (old terminolgy "channels") will work on either Zone. See the informational links I posted in post #24 above to help clarify.

Here are some screenshots from my scanner programming software. Thanks again to tbendick for the base offset update!

post-3243-1189396815.jpg

post-3243-1189396819.jpg

post-3243-1189396831.jpg

Hey everyone,

Today is the big day WCDES goes online w/ the trunking system. I hope it works out. I think its gonna be benifical.

Thanks to Steve, i have all the right info in the scanner now and i have been picking up some "non" 60 control chatter. Anyone know who this might be?..beeline busses?

Thanks to Steve, i have all the right info in the scanner now and i have been picking up some "non" 60 control chatter. Anyone know who this might be?..beeline busses?

You got it right

Seems that the 50xxx talkgroups are the BeeLine Buses. Sounds like their radios have a Bank labeled LLT (probably Liberty Lines Transit). Have heard TG's 50032, 50416, 50448, 50480. Also heard talk of LLT Spec1,LLT Spec2,LLT Spec3, LLT Suprevisor1.

Maybe someone could post on here the way people should put the freq's into a scanner in the proper order. ie.

1) 500.001

2) 501.001

3) 502.001

I do not like trucked system can never get them in the darn radio. Also if you a list of the talk groups please post them as well.

Thanks in advance

Cpage. The motorola system don't have an order to put them into the radio.

Which radio do you have?

The only thing is on the radio shack radios you need to make sure the mode is motorola

On Uniden you have to program the freqs in the trunk mode so the scanner knows it's for trunking.

I'm still haveing that problem. When i hear something on the trunked radio, it wont stop scanning!! I don't know what to do...

EMS-Buff.

What radio are you using? You have a setting wrong thats why It won't stop on it.

Radio shack pro 2055. I have the trunk channels set to (MOT)

I'm still haveing that problem. When i hear something on the trunked radio, it wont stop scanning!! I don't know what to do...

Do you have any talkgroups programmed in? If not program some in or change to "open mode" where you will hear all talkgroups on the system.

This may help also Easier to read Pro97/2055 Owners Manual.

Ok so maybe someone can help me with this. Our ambulance got called M/A to Rye for a medical call. I told the person on the ambulance to use the trunk system. Ya know to test it out see how it is. So they went on there way, Got on 60-ems-15 call enroute. Fine.. they got on scene called out, and 60-control tell's them to swicth back to our own frequency. So my question to everyone is, was I worng telling them to try it out, b/c honestly M/A, Working Fires, and scenes where fire department are present are the only reasons why we would use them. It seemed the right time to use them.

Do you have any talkgroups programmed in? If not program some in or change to "open mode" where you will hear all talkgroups on the system.

This may help also Easier to read Pro97/2055 Owners Manual.

Yes steve I do, and the problem is still happening, It will show the trunk ID on the scanner, but won't stop scanning when someone is talking on it.

Edited by ems-buff

I don't believe the system is fully up and running yet that could be why. I know I've been doing alot of testing with 60-control getting the radios in order. I also believe most of the other testing being done is on the Tac channels to find out if you have any "dead" areas. I used my portable on a tac channel and talked to Mount kisco FD... Loud and clear, pretty good if you ask me. But again I don't think your supposed to be on the new trunking system just yet. There still some fine tuning being done.

I used my portable on a tac channel and talked to Mount kisco FD... Loud and clear, pretty good if you ask me.

Chief,

Glad to hear it's working well! I've been impressed with the coverage so far as well.

Just a reminder to everyone - the system was designed for mobile radio coverage, so don't rely on portables!!

Can anyone PM me the info needed to put it into a scanner? Guys at the FD want to know and I honestly have no clue. Muchos gracias!

well it seems like trunk systems are more confussing then the old way.i cannot see the benefit to going to trunk systems

It's actually a great thing for communications, but harder to scan if that what you are referring to.

well it seems like trunk systems are more confussing then the old way.i cannot see the benefit to going to trunk systems

Remember, the red button is NOT the power button, its the emergency button. Like Tommy Lee Jones says: "Don't touch the red button!"

i just found out that my pro 97 scanner was not recieveing because of a defect with the antenna part of the unit its in for repair aparently around the country they have had prolems with this its still under warranty i hope i will find out

B)

Yes steve I do, and the problem is still happening, It will show the trunk ID on the scanner, but won't stop scanning when someone is talking on it.

I have the Pro2055 also. It sounds like you have a problem with the Base/Spacing/Offset settings. The North Zone only needs one set of settings, while the South Zone needs two.

Manually select any channel with a system frequency in the bank you have set for either zone. Then press Trunk, then press Func, then 2. When the B in Base is blinking enter 470.0 (for North Zone), then press Ent., then Ent. again. When the O in Offset is blinking enter 380 (for North Zone), then Ent., then Ent. When the S in Step is flashing press the up or down arrows to get to 12.5 (for both Zones)( to get to 12.5 you may have to search to find it but believe me it is there). Then press Ent., and Ent. again then Scan or Manual. Repeat this process for the other bank you have the other Zone's frequencies in. For the South Zone you will have to program both sets of South Zone settings (do not reenter North Zone settings for the South Zone or vice versa). This should get you up and running.

I have the Pro2055 also. It sounds like you have a problem with the Base/Spacing/Offset settings. The North Zone only needs one set of settings, while the South Zone needs two.

Manually select any channel with a system frequency in the bank you have set for either zone. Then press Trunk, then press Func, then 2. When the B in Base is blinking enter 470.0 (for North Zone), then press Ent., then Ent. again. When the O in Offset is blinking enter 380 (for North Zone), then Ent., then Ent. When the S in Step is flashing press the up or down arrows to get to 12.5 (for both Zones)( to get to 12.5 you may have to search to find it but believe me it is there). Then press Ent., and Ent. again then Scan or Manual. Repeat this process for the other bank you have the other Zone's frequencies in. For the South Zone you will have to program both sets of South Zone settings (do not reenter North Zone settings for the South Zone or vice versa). This should get you up and running.

Ok. that's for the north zone. is there anything that chance in the south zone.

EMS-buff

For the North Zone settings:

470.0 Base

12.5 Spacing

380 Offset

For the South Zone settings:

469.525 Base1 475.75 Base2

12.5 Spacing1 12.5 Spacing2

380 Offset1 500 Offset2

If you have the North Zone working, go manually to the bank with the freq's for the South Zone and repeat the procedure again. You will have to enter both settings for this Zone whereas the North Zone only needed one.

We are working on this right now...with a radio shack pro 94

We are trying to set the base channel, is it 470.000??? for the north zone and then step as

470.0125, 470.0250, 470.0375 and so on????

No the sequence is not correct.

Base channel is just a frequency in the settings, it may not be a frequency used in the system.

For all out there, here are the frequencies to input.

North Zone - 470.3250, 470.3500, 470.3750, 470.5250, 470.5500, 470.5750

South Zone - 470.0750, 470.1000, 476.0750, 476.1125, 476.2125, 476.2375

I prefer to put each zone and it's frequencies and settings on separate banks.

Then follow the instructions above.

Is your Pro94 the original version, or the Pro94A or B version? Found this information at RadioReference.com. If it is the original, it will not track conventional freq's (i.e. FG's or 46.26) and the trunked system at the same time.

Edited by SteveOFD

Awesome info--

so far getting south zone no prob (in white plains)

i guess i cant hear the north zone

lots of bee line chatter...seems like they too are prone to hitting thier shiny red buttons !

Using BCD396T

John

Edited by esu78