Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

Westchester Fire/EMS Trunked System

145 posts in this topic

Just heard at our Officers Meeting that the new Trunked System is supposed to go live September 10th. Anyone hear anything else about this?

It is true. Each agency will sent there training officer to 60 contorl to learn how the system works and teach there department also. The department will send one person, on the day there battalion is set up to be there. I'm kinda looking forward to this to see how it works.

i heard that the system needs to be reflashed i hope it does not delay it anymore

Heard the same thing. Sept 10th from what I hear the system is going to be easy to use

We will only being using it when we go Mutual Aid.

Edited by SteveOFD

just spoke to our radio vendor and according to him all the mobile radios need to have a software up grade- approx 1 hr each, as well as all the portables. ( mine are coming out of our rigs today and will be back in a couple of days). as well most of the base stations are not yet installed in FD or PD. don't know if 9/10 is realistic.

Before the system goes into service what's the coverage area?

Was the coverage area "issues" corrected? :unsure:

There's a new radio system??????

There's a new radio system??????

I'll wait untill your working to drive all over my response area testing the new system... :lol:

According to the training class last night, Sept. 10th the system will be "activated". A chief or officer should be attending one of these training classes and then bring all the information back to you. A dvd powerpoint is included with the info. It's pretty straight foward.

just spoke to our radio vendor and according to him all the mobile radios need to have a software up grade- approx 1 hr each, as well as all the portables. ( mine are coming out of our rigs today and will be back in a couple of days). as well most of the base stations are not yet installed in FD or PD. don't know if 9/10 is realistic.

I heard the same thing from our Chief.

I programmed both North Zone and South Zone in my scanner and have not heard a thing. My Undiden BCD996T scanner does recognize the trunk system.

I have a similar problem. My Pro97 portable cannot "hear" the system inside my house, yet my Pro2055 base with a roof antenna "hears" the North Zone fine and barely the South Zone. The problem with any trunked system is that if the scanner cannot "hear" the Control Channel frequency you basically will not be able to listen to the system.

Depending on where you are in Greenwich you should be able to hear one or both of the Zones; Port Chester-South Zone, or Pound Ridge and Bedford-North Zone. I have picked up both driving along I95.

The Control Channels - North Zone 470.5750Mhz & South Zone 476.2375Mhz have been transmitting for several months now. Back in March I was able to hear the audio and coverage testing throughout the County.

Edited by SteveOFD

I heard the same thing from our Chief.

I have a similar problem. My Pro97 portable cannot "hear" the system inside my house, yet my Pro2055 base with a roof antenna "hears" the North Zone fine and barely the South Zone. The problem with any trunked system is that if the scanner cannot "hear" the Control Channel frequency you basically will not be able to listen to the system.

Depending on where you are in Greenwich you should be able to hear one or both of the Zones; Port Chester-South Zone, or Pound Ridge and Bedford-North Zone. I have picked up both driving along I95.

The Control Channels - North Zone 470.5750Mhz & South Zone 476.2375Mhz have been transmitting for several months now. Back in March I was able to hear the audio and coverage testing throughout the County.

i programed my scanner with the channels and all i hear is this noise. The best way to tell you how it sounds is. If you ever put in a channel that was digital and your scanner wasn't, and you heard this noise, it's that noise but over and over and over.

i programed my scanner with the channels and all i hear is this noise. The best way to tell you how it sounds is. If you ever put in a channel that was digital and your scanner wasn't, and you heard this noise, it's that noise but over and over and over.

You are probably hearing the control channel... Put your scanner in the trunked mode.

So the new trunk system should work on the current LS/LS+ portables and mobiles w/ trunking, LRT/Passport?

No, it needs a portable that works on the Motorola Smartzone system. You are not able to program the portable yourself since you don't have the system key. Only the county holds that and will not give it out to ANYONE! They are not currently allowing departments to buy additional portables or mobiles at this time.

LTR, PASSPORT, EDACS, ETC are all types of trunking.. The LS series radios wonºt do this system, this is why the county went with the MTS MCS series radios.

September 10 is coming, All I have to say is I feel sooooo bad for for the guys at 60-control. I hope you guys brought advil or something.

Edited by ems-buff

Twice in the last two days I have heard 60 Control call two units that their Emergency Button had been activated. Sounds like at least part of the System is operational.

Is their a correct list of talkgroups floating around? My scanner picks up nothing. I have the info from radioreference programmed in.

Twice in the last two days I have heard 60 Control call two units that their Emergency Button had been activated. Sounds like at least part of the System is operational.

Is their a correct list of talkgroups floating around? My scanner picks up nothing. I have the info from radioreference programmed in.

I have not heard anything yet either. My thought, and I may be wrong, is that they have not turned the output repeaters on yet. The Emergency Buttons, and all other radios in the field, transmit to 60 Control on the input frequency and 60 will talk out on the output frequency. This could be why they hear the Buttons but we hear nothing.

This is gonna seem like a stupid question, but what is a trunked system?

I have a bc246t trunktracker 111 i am trying to program in these freq. , but when prompted what type of syst? conventional,mot,edcs,lt, what am i supposed to put?

This is gonna seem like a stupid question, but what is a trunked system?

No such thing as a stupid question in my book, if you don't know, ask.

For a better understanding of what a trunked radio system is see RadioReference Wiki Trunking and Wikipedia Trunked Radio and APCO Trunking article.

f19,

when prompted, it is a Motorola System UHF type II system, additional information on the system, including frequencies, talkgroups and base spacing and offset info, can be found at RadioReference.com - Westchester Fire/EMS System.

Edited by SteveOFD

I have been unable to track the new system with the listed base/offset.

I changed somethings around and now can monitor the south zone.

469.525 - 380 - 12.5

475.750 - 500 - 12.5

on my trunked scanner on north zone 470.5750 and south zone 476.2375 there is a constant noise it kinda sounds like a diesel truck running is this just testing or have i programed it wrong i have a bearcat bc898t trunked scanner

Edited by millwood127

Press the trunk button on your scanner to put it into trunk scan mode.

on my trunked scanner on north zone 470.5750 and south zone 476.2375 there is a constant noise it kinda sounds like a diesel truck running is this just testing or have i programed it wrong i have a bearcat bc898t trunked scanner

Revision for Base/Spacing/Offset settings:

North Zone Base 470.0, Spacing 12.5, Offset 380

Sunday afternoon I am tracking 60 Control testing with various units with these settings.

Post any results with these settings.

it is in truck mode and i still here it

Press the trunk button on your scanner to put it into trunk scan mode.

Basically what you're hearing is the control channel. Your not in trunking mode.

Did you set the bank for Motorola type II UHF? If not follow the instructions in your owners manual page 41. Link to Uniden 898t Owners Manual