Followers 0
TR54

Carmel NY -Fire Scene - B&W Photos PFP

11 posts in this topic

Carmel NY Fire - Protection from the Past Red Ladder designated 40 12-5-1

post-23-1204246399.jpg

Protection From The Past - EMTBravo

post-23-1204246569.jpg

More to follow ... stay tuned to Protection from the Past !

I believe that is the Hickman Building, Route 6 & Church St on the lake side. I had Mahopac's 1977 Oren in a Relay from a pumper drafting from Lake Gleneida to our ladder which if I remember was on the other side of the Building. The Gentleman in the 2nd picture with the long coat walking across the scene is Ex-Captain Hank Schleicher of Mahopac Engine Co. 3

That ladder served Carmel till about 2003 or 2004 when they got thier ALF Tower. Sometime after this fire it caught a case of Lime Disease. Carmel gave it to Cold Spring who cured it with some red paint used it for a couple of years before putting it on e-bay.

Edited by EJS1810

Carmel New York

post-23-1204289758.jpg

Carmel NY

post-23-1204296413.jpg

WOW, EJS1810 ur admitting to being quite old there!!!....Actually that is the current guideposts building at 39 seminary hill rd, not to far from the hickman building you are talking about....we have several pictures of both fires around the fire house still....great pictures if you have any others hidden treasures please PM me with info on how i can obtain copies. :D

WOW, EJS1810 ur admitting to being quite old there!!!....Actually that is the current guideposts building at 39 seminary hill rd, not to far from the hickman building you are talking about....we have several pictures of both fires around the fire house still....great pictures if you have any others hidden treasures please PM me with info on how i can obtain copies. :D

My Bad, It looked a lot like Hickmans but last night after I posted I thought the one from the side with all the ladders was Guideposts. That was before my time but that is still Hank inthe 2nd picture. We are looking through all our old pictures now setting up the New HQ. if I find any, I'll let you know.

Thanks for sharing TR. Gotta love the old pics and the way things were done then B)