Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Lack Of Christmas Decorations And Spirit This Year?

25 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or does their seem to be a reduced amount of Christmas decorations on homes and business this year (so far)??? As compared to years past, there seems to be less displays, and those that are displaying are less extravagant.

Also, it doesnt seem very Christmas-y this year, where is the spirit??? It seems Christmas just snuck up on us....Christmas is only three weeks away.

Maybe it's just me.

do you think the weather has something to do with it x635?

if it felt a little more like winter maybe people woulde get into the spirit.

do you think the weather has something to do with it x635?

if it felt a little more like winter maybe people woulde get into the spirit.

I dunno, but it's scary that L.A. felt more Christmas-y than Westchester does.

well now that you mentioned it, there's no lights or displays anywhere around my house...including mine 8-[

Every year since I was 3 yrs old my parents bought real 8 Foot Christmas trees. This year they bought a fake 6 foot tree. Thats like a stab in the chest! :cry:

I'm working on the christmas spirit. My wife loves christmas and would never be without the spirit. Yes, we have a fake tree, but it's a lot easier than doing real. Especially with a cat running around.

Putnam Drive in Lake Carmel is loaded with all sorts of Decorations! If you are short on Christmas Spirit, just take a ride, you'll find plenty!

WAS967 -

I have a cat and a real Christmas tree. The cat loves it because he doesn't go outside.

Is it still in one piece? :roll: I thought for sure my cat would have destroyed our tree by now, but so far the worse he has done is grab an ornament or two. We have a mat at the base of the tree that is called a "Scat Mat" which zaps him if he steps on it. He knows well now to stay away from it.

I'm sorry but there is nothing better then waking up christmas day and smelling that pine smell...AND NO, SPRAYS DONT COUNT! 8)

I'm sorry but there is nothing better then waking up christmas day and smelling that pine smell...AND NO, SPRAYS DONT COUNT!  8)

Nothing better? Even better than that new camera smell on Xmas AM? LOL.

:D/ :dance: :pelvic_thrust2:

No more house lit up in Verplank NY anymore :D

Verplanck house is not lit up anymore??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

WAS967-

well... the cat is 8 years old...i think he knows by now not to eat the tree eventhough he still messes around with it

The people in the Verplank house are moving so last year was the last of the Christmas house in Verplank

:sad: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :cry: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Where'd they move to?

Ya gotta find out.

Maybe it's the cost of electricity? Who knows. There are usually a bunch of houses on Westbrook off Fawn Lane that get into the yearly battle of lights. But I think one of the usual houses might have changed hands a while back cause one year I didn't see it with any lights. I'd be bummed if I drove by and didn't see ANY lights up there.

OK, driving around last night during work, there is definetly a serious lack of X-Mas lights up. What is going on? Jeesh?

the woman in verplanck is moving to georgia it is a very sad year she always did a fantastic job :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Many houses in the Bedford Hills/Mt.Kisco area seem to be pretty more christmas oriented as they have been in the past. Alot more houses are starting to pop up with those blow up figures in their front lawns around the area.

Seth defiently take a ride around the elementary school area in Bedford Hills. Hopefully the christmas cheer around this area will brighten up your holiday spirit. Also, check out the house behind the bedford highway garage on Adams St. alot of holiday figures and christmas lights.

Thanks 57Truck, there is some great spirit in Sector 203010 of BHFD's district!!!

Also, on the update, every night when I leave for work, I'm seeing more and more Christmas lights and decorations! The spirit is awakening!!! :D

Thanks 57Truck, there is some great spirit in Sector 203010 of BHFD's district!!!

Also, on the update, every night when I leave for work, I'm seeing more and more Christmas lights and decorations! The spirit is awakening!!! :D

You're right, Seth. I think, for some reason that the spirit is just a bit sluggish getting started. There seems to be quite a bit more decorations along Putnam Drive as I wander my way home. I always enjoyed this time of year.

There are 2 houses in Harrison, right next door to each other that do, in my opinion, the best display in the county. This may not be the exact location, but I know it's within one block of the intersection of Oakland Ave and Parsons St. (Downtown, take Halstead Ave to Haviland St. Then make a left on to Oakland Ave.)You can't miss it. You could land a plane there! (NOT stat flight - according to HVAC Capt. Billotto!)

there's a house on the corner of Dixon St. & Cresant Ave. in Rye Brook that has a fire hazardous amount of blow-ups, lights, statues, and things that sing Christmas songs in the middle of the night...check it out