Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
res6cue

Forced Email Announcements

5 posts in this topic

I'm wondering what the point of being able to disable (uncheck) the 'Send me any updates sent by the board administrator' option is if we're going to get FORCED announcements anyway? I appreciate you guys trying to get the word out about the EMTBravo Empire, but it's a little off-putting to get emails from every site in the network I'm a member of even AFTER I've disabled the option to receive these announcements. Adding to the irony is the bit at the bottom of these email telling people how to unsubscribe from them. <_<

-------------------------------------

How to unsubscribe

-------------------------------------

Visit your email preferences (http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=02) and ensure that the box for 'Send me any updates sent by the board administrator' is unchecked and submit the form

Please stop using the option to force these announcements to members who chose not to receive them when you send them out. Thanks! ;)

I don't see the big deal after all you do have a delete button.

I'm wondering what the point of being able to disable (uncheck) the 'Send me any updates sent by the board administrator' option is if we're going to get FORCED announcements anyway? I appreciate you guys trying to get the word out about the EMTBravo Empire, but it's a little off-putting to get emails from every site in the network I'm a member of even AFTER I've disabled the option to receive these announcements. Adding to the irony is the bit at the bottom of these email telling people how to unsubscribe from them. <_<

Please stop using the option to force these announcements to members who chose not to receive them when you send them out. Thanks! ;)

You could always just add the 'forums@emtbravo.net' address to your blocked senders list....... We all get things that we often don't want from the Internet and delete them anyway....

I dont see the problem either. And to tell you the truth, if you had a problem you should have sent a PM to one of the staff to request this change, NOT put a forum topic up about it...unless your trying to start trouble?

Message one of us if you have a problem, thats why we are here, to help the members of this site. To address your problem, hit the "Delete" button. Than, go to filters in Internet options and enter the info to create a filter so you stop receiving mail you no longer want to receive.

EDIT: You know what? Just delete this thread, I'll contact Seth directly instead of trying to explain common courtesy to people. :rolleyes:

Edited by res6cue