Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fireman3484

stabilization systems

8 posts in this topic

Just wondering what other departments are using for vehicle stabilization systems. My department is looking at getting either a res-q jack system or a Rescue 42 system. They both seem to have their advantages and disadvantages like any other tool. any opinions on likes and dislikes would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

We use paratech rescue struts and they are great! They have alot of different attachments for them.

paratech or Air shore

I like either better then the rescue jacks or R 42 jacks. These seem only for vehicle and truck or to build a tripod, I didn’t like them personally the times I used them.

I think it’s much better to learn 1 system and have attachments for multiple scenarios and thus have multiple uses rather then say R 42 for cars and carrying air shore or paratech for trench calls, if u carry 2 systems guys need to learn both why not simplify and have one that does all and thus saves space as well.

I feel with all the attachments that paratech and air shore offer that you need to only learn one system and they can be used on cars, trucks, trenches, building collapse and even to build a tripod.

paratech=Easy to use and learn. trained on them a bunch and not one complaint. The only down side is storage. we have a large plastic chest for them. they work great otherwise!

This past summer Garrison bought the Res-Q-Jak system

We have Paratech struts, they are quick to deploy, and as said above, have many other uses. I can not comment on the Res-Q-jack or the Rescue 42 system, sorry.

Millwood recently put into service the Rescue 42 system and we really like it. Every system has it pros and cons and not 1 system is best for all departments. Rescue 42 provided us with what we were looking for / needed / wanted. One of the things that I liked about Rescue 42's system is the versatility it gave us. 1 set of tools for extrication stabilization, as well as other rescue applications, such as the tri-pod and aframe applications. with a working load of 18000 pounds, we didn't see many applications (in our district) where this would be a limit to us. They are very light weight compared to other products that I looked at and over all, very simple to use and set up.

paratech=Easy to use and learn. trained on them a bunch and not one complaint. The only down side is storage. we have a large plastic chest for them. they work great otherwise!

We have two complete systems and have all the parts to each system marked with colored tape so the parts don’t get mixed up. We store each system separately in an old medical bag and it works great.