Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBE

Out and About....180th Street Style!

17 posts in this topic

Well, I get a phone call this morning that we were getting some company in the newly renovated Bronx Dispatchers Office. Namely our first due Engine and Truck. I remembered I had the camera in the car, so I decided to have a little fun.

First up, as they backed into the parking lot, Tower Ladder 58. I really wish the Captain would cave and either make those numbers on the door silver or in the flag pattern, like on the ladderboard.

TL-58.jpg

Next up, 45 Engine, one of the sharpest looking rigs in the job.

E-45-3.jpg

Being as how the house borders Vyse Avenue, this is a nice touch..

58bucket2.jpg

Ever hear the Comm Trucks on the radio?? Ever wonder what they look like?? Wonder no more my friends...

DSCF4401.jpg

And they fix these...

Box4612.jpg

Yes, we still have them. Yes, 90% of them actually work. Yes, the civilian box testers come out every day between 1430 and 1600 telling us various parts of their anatomy are ablaze, usually centered around the genitalia and buttock region. BTW, this is Box 4612.

It gets a little trippy here..

DSCF4402.jpg

A new added extra to all FDNY Engines....I was amazed when I saw this.

DSCF4407.jpg

And as an extra bonus, we have yours truly in the super secret classified, newly renovated platform. Ya think I got enough screens in front of me??

Boss2.jpg

And as we wave good bye to the 2 Train as it rumbles out of the station...

2Train.jpg

We also see our friendly neighborhood Supervising Dispatcher practicing one of his less practical hobbies. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!! I AM A SLIGHTLY TRAINED PROFESSIONAL!!!!!

FB2.jpg

I've seen this mentioned before, but I did not think that FDNY rigs were supposed to have Q sirens like that pictured on L58.

have they ever fixed that antenna tower if i recall didnt it get damaged during a storm back in the mid 90's maybe 95 or 96. it had its top sheard off or something?

The tower was replaced about 2 years ago. Never sheared off, but the old one and new tower have both been struck by lightning on numerous occasions. As far as the Q is concerned, it gets removed when they go to the shops, or the shops takes it.

Great pics Jimmy,

I see you like to play with fire !! The new place looks great. Good luck. One can never have too many screens in front of him.

Nice FDNY rig pictures. I agree on 45 engine, although I am slightly biased to 75 Engine AKA ANIMAL HOUSE.

JVC

75 doesn't look as good since the "incident".

Jimmy, thanks for sharing.

Jimmy seriously, who is your stunt double???? LOL Great pics man.!

I learned how to do that about 5 years ago. I won't reveal my secrets. Years of watching Gene Simmons do it kinda helped. I may eventually get the professional stuff.

Jimmy, what was the engine 75 incident? Did they have an accident recently?

Great pictures, Jimmy!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Jimmy, what was the engine 75 incident? Did they have an accident recently?

Ummm, no. BIG scandal, about 3 years ago. Not too long after the incident, all decals referring to the Animal House were removed. Incidentally, I liked their old rig better with the designs of the decals.

Edited by JBE