Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CPAGE

Let's Make St. Patrick's Day A Real Holiday

14 posts in this topic

First of all the deadline passed to sign the petition.

Second... WHY? Not to offend the Irish but this is nothing more than a marketing campaign for Guinness Beer. I think there are far more important buisiness for Congress to contend with such as running a country.

Second... WHY? Not to offend the Irish but this is nothing more than a marketing campaign for Guinness Beer. I think there are far more important buisiness for Congress to contend with such as running a country.

Is it, a lot of people want this day a holiday that don't drink Guinness.

But if we did that then every natinality would want thier day off. Just not going to fly these days.

You want another holiday added, push to have 9/11 off. Give the people the day to remeber the ones we lost that day. This should be the next US holiday!

AMEN to 9/11 be the next holiday

I agree, 9-11 should definitely be the next federal holiday, without question. A problem with it as I see it, is that the last thing our horrendous economy needs right now is another day people aren't working.

JVC

youre right 9/11 should be a national holiday if ever there was one.

I am Irish and I really dont think it should be a holiday, for one good reason. Its not an American Holiday.

I also have to agree that I don't think it should be a national holiday and its not because I'm Scottish. ;)

I've also pondered the idea about 9/11 but then I also had to think about December 7th and what we as a nation lost on that day was just as bad and similiar to that we lost on September 11th. Do the men and women who lost their lives at the hands of the Japanese not deserve similiar?

I also have to agree that I don't think it should be a national holiday and its not because I'm Scottish. ;)

I've also pondered the idea about 9/11 but then I also had to think about December 7th and what we as a nation lost on that day was just as bad and similiar to that we lost on September 11th. Do the men and women who lost their lives at the hands of the Japanese not deserve similiar?

I agree. Perhaps they (9/11 and 12/7) should be National Holidays.

Unfortunately, I disagree with St. Patrick's Day becoming a National Holiday...I also don't agree to 9/11 or 12/7, those are days of infamy that should be remembered however not celebrated. Veterans day is a day of remembrance as is Memorial Day, however we also celebrate those who are still alive that served for us and those that will serve in the future. Just a thought, I am no expert on holidays.........or anything for that matter.

I also don't agree to 9/11 or 12/7, those are days of infamy that should be remembered however not celebrated. Veterans day is a day of remembrance as is Memorial Day, however we also celebrate those who are still alive that served for us and those that will serve in the future.

My exact thoughts on 9/11 and 12/7. If they were made holidays, the general public would think it's just another day off to go shopping or some other darn thing, just like Memorial Day and Veterans Day now. If you ask people walking down the street what Memorial Day is they would say what? The first day of summer? A day to get drunk and BBQ? A day off to get work done around the house? They wouldn't know (or care) what the true reason for the holiday is.

youre right 9/11 should be a national holiday if ever there was one.

I belong to another forum and they are talking about a push in congress to make 9/11 the "National Firefighters Day" , something similar to Memorial or Veterans day. I think they should call it "Emergency Services Day" though, to honor firefighters, Police, and EMS all at once.

The tough thing with me is Im both Irish and Scottish!! But I think that St Pats should just be left as is, its a fun day no matter how you treat it.

I put this post up here for FUN and all of you people get on a high horse and start going off about some other subject and not the one at hand. Just take a breath and look at what company started this thing.

I just found it funny and put it on here to see if anyone would tip a glass of ale/stout and sign it. But as always it gets take in a different direction.