Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Greenville- New Rescue 29 Coming Soon

8 posts in this topic

I've heard Greenville (Town Of Greenburgh, Westchester County NY) FD has awarded the bid for a new Rescue that can carry all their collapse/trench rescue equipment from the current Squad 6 trailer, as well as other rescue and USAR equipment.

Does anyone have the details on this apparatus? If anyone wants to anonymously feed me the info to post, feel free to PM me.......

I know there are several Greenville FD's in NYS, so I can't say for sure if this is the Westchester one, but there is a Rescue listed for a Greenville FD at Ferarra Fire - Recent Contracts. No in construction pictures posted yet.

I know there are several Greenville FD's in NYS, so I can't say for sure if this is the Westchester one, but there is a Rescue listed for a Greenville FD at Ferarra Fire - Recent Contracts. No in construction pictures posted yet.

Yes, I believe that's the one! I was told that East-West Fire Apparatus Consultants helped with the specs, and the bids came in higher then they wanted, they rebid a less-frills model and Ferrara won the bid. I wasn't sure before, but that just jogged my memory! Thanks Steve!

Photos are up on Ferrara's site in the "In Production" section- chasis appears to be GMC. Body is under construction and looks like it's coming along nicely so far. I'm suprised no one has more details, or is willing to share them....

Who / how will it be manned?

What runs will it be dispatched (and actually respond) to?

Not a bad looking, very simple but useful rig. Good luck with it.

Nice Rescue!~ Good job with the DOT striping on the rear. I am kicking myself for not getting that on the back of our newest buses.

Nice Rig good luck with it.