Followers 0
Dondestro

New Fairfield New Ambulance

14 posts in this topic

Put into service within the past two weeks

post-3857-1206550588.jpg

Is that a Horton?

Put into service within the past two weeks

I have seen many new ambulances going for the multiple box lights up front instead of a lightbar, any reason??

Nice looking rig, good luck with it.

Question though, How did you get away with the air horns on the roof? Are the functional or just decoration?

Where is it stationed at? Company A?

Yes, this is the new company a ambulance

Is that a Horton?

Yes, it is a horton

I have seen many new ambulances going for the multiple box lights up front instead of a lightbar, any reason??

Not sure of the reson but def puts out some light

Question though, How did you get away with the air horns on the roof? Are the functional or just decoration?

Get away with it?!? they are functional

Chris you beat me to it, I had some pictures I took at home, but mine weren't very good anyway. This rig is nice, but its ALITTLE on the big side.

Get away with it?!? they are functional

NFPA says airhorns are to be placed lower than the operating cab of the vehicle. This helps to reduce hearing problems caused by the loud noise. They can be fender hight or lower

That is why you do not see them on the roof of emergency vehicles anymore (or sirens)

Thanks Jet for explaining that for me. I wasnt sure or am sure if it is mandatory or just another one of those "recomendations"

I know horton while going through specs explained to us things we needed to be nfpa but that was never one of them maybe it is one of the recomendations but not required...........i'm not saying your wrong

As to the horns on the roof Ambulances are goverened by GSA KKK specification. Ambulances do not have to meet NFPA Guidelines. We handle both Braun and AEV and I have seen them many places. Personaly I would put on a pair of 24" square trumpet grovers where ever they would fit.

horton came to our vac to show off a new ambulance, and the show rig had the horns on the roof. the explained the horns on the roof are better bc if you get them in the bumper, road dust/dirt/salt, etc get in the horns.

i'd still want them in the bumper, those are way too loud to have on the roof as jet said

Looking good, I like the front lighting setup!

-Joe DA BUFF