Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
texastom791

How Does Continental Village Get Dispatched?

9 posts in this topic

How exactly does Continental Village FD get dispatched? I know they're on the Putnam/Westchester line and can get dispatched by either 60 control or Putnam 911, but do they have two pagers? One for Westchester, and one for Putnam? Can anyone answer this for me?

If the call is in Westchester and 60-Control recieves it, they dispatch them on 46.26 and then call Putnam 911 (usually by landline) who dispatches them on 46.380. CV then signs on to Putnam as 14-X-X and to Westchester as E-XYZ.

If the call is in Putnam County, 60-Control usually is not involved and only Putnam 911 dispatches them and they call out using the Putnam Numbers. I believe it goes like this:

14-1-1 Car 2131

14-1-2 Car 2132

14-1-3 Car 2133

14-2-1 E-230

14-2-2 E-231

14-3-1 MA-23

14-4-1 Tanker 11 [Gee i thought it was Tanker 1 once :)]

14-6-1 R-39

A little confusing?, probably (Capt, what county are we in?). More so for the Officers/Drivers who have to remember who to call and what to call themselves. They are actually pretty good on that and usually don't call the wrong control center.

Practical?, probably not. They have to buy & issue 2 pagers. Members have to carry two. With a cell phone now you start to look a little like the guys from Beauty & the Geek.

Edited by EJS1810

We actually use the Minitor V Pagers and leave it on the D selection (silent scan) and it will go off for either county.

And yes it sucks trying to remember which number to use at 3 in the morning. In addition we give status updates to both counties when we are operating in westchester.

What a hassle. So you also use 2 different County firegrounds, right? Has that ever been a safety issue? IE: Rig on one channel, ffs on another?

Not really we programed all of our firefighters portables to only have Westchester FG7 so we always know what channel they are on regardless of the county.

Not really we programed all of our firefighters portables to only have Westchester FG7 so we always know what channel they are on regardless of the county.

Doesn't that create communication problems when M/A with Putnam departments?

I think it is a issue.. case in point yesterdays PIAA (fatality) Putnam Dispatches and handles most of the call and then on the middle they find out from 60 control that stat was enroute. Not westchesters fault at all and the call was in westchester so they should have had it but Putnam handling and they(putnam) had know idea that stat was requested.. Big deal? Maybe maybe not... the helicopter was landing in westchester the call was in westchester.. Ambulances and medics from westchester going to the scene Putnam has know idea no contact at all... Problem, yes...

The way the agreement was Westchester handles Westchester , Putnam handles Putnam...

Remember don't hate the players, Hate the game...

Edited by LCFD968

I think it is a issue.. case in point yesterdays PIAA (fatality) Putnam Dispatches and handles most of the call and then on the middle they find out from 60 control that stat was enroute. Not westchesters fault at all and the call was in westchester so they should have had it but Putnam handling and they(putnam) had know idea that stat was requested.. Big deal? Maybe maybe not... the helicopter was landing in westchester the call was in westchester.. Ambulances and medics from westchester going to the scene Putnam has know idea no contact at all... Problem, yes...

The way the agreement was Westchester handles Westchester , Putnam handles Putnam...

Remember don't hate the players, Hate the game...

HUH?

If the call is in Westchester and 60-Control recieves it, they dispatch them on 46.26 and then call Putnam 911 (usually by landline) who dispatches them on 46.380. CV then signs on to Putnam as 14-X-X and to Westchester as E-XYZ.

If the call is in Putnam County, 60-Control usually is not involved and only Putnam 911 dispatches them and they call out using the Putnam Numbers. I believe it goes like this:

14-1-1 Car 2131

14-1-2 Car 2132

14-1-3 Car 2133

14-2-1 E-230

14-2-2 E-231

14-3-1 MA-23

14-4-1 Tanker 11 [Gee i thought it was Tanker 1 once :)]

14-6-1 R-39

A little confusing?, probably (Capt, what county are we in?). More so for the Officers/Drivers who have to remember who to call and what to call themselves. They are actually pretty good on that and usually don't call the wrong control center.

Practical?, probably not. They have to buy & issue 2 pagers. Members have to carry two. With a cell phone now you start to look a little like the guys from Beauty & the Geek.

thanks chief scott you answered my question