Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Future Fireman

User Bar a little cluttered?

26 posts in this topic

On the right hand side, the gallery, points, and contact links have been moved over the 'my friends' and 'My Messages' links in the user bar, which is right underneath the Live Support, Forum Rules, and emtbravo.net links.

I'm 99.9% sure this is a problem on my end, so...... How do I fix it? :huh:

Mike

Well I see the problem, It might be because the live support link pushing everything to that side. I am pretty sure that the admin. Will take care of the problem. Might I suggest that you use the new help ticket system to answer this and all your EMTbravo questions.

On the right hand side, the gallery, points, and contact links have been moved over the 'my friends' and 'My Messages' links in the user bar, which is right underneath the Live Support, Forum Rules, and emtbravo.net links.

I'm 99.9% sure this is a problem on my end, so...... How do I fix it? :huh:

Mike

Mike, your talking above where is says "Logged in as: your user name, ect correct?

It sounds like it might be what screen size setting you are using on the computer. Try this and let me know how you make out.

Click START -> Settings -> Control Panel

On the Control Panel screen, double click on Display

The next screen, click on the settings tab and where it says "Screen Resolution" see if it says 800 x 600. If it does, them move the slider over to the right one space so it reads 1024 x 786 and click OK. When the monitor resets, it might ask you to keep these settings, say Yes / OK.

Let me know how you make out and get back to me.

Can you post a screenshot of the page as you describe it?

How exactly do I do that Jack? :huh:

Izzy, yes that's the bar and the problem isn't fixed.

...And I'm too damn busy worrying about a dance I have tommorrow to really explain this problem.

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman

Get back to me via a PM when you get the time, don't worry about it now. We'll figure it out.

emtbravoproblem.jpg same with me...heres a pic. Edited by DFFD227

I'm in the same boat, so if theres a noninvasive fix, I'd love to hear about it.

Guys are you using IE?

I'm at work right now on IE and do not have the problem. At home I use firefox and do not have the problem.

Try a cookie and internet temp file dump from the Internet options page in the control panel (delete all oof line content as well). Do that, re-boot you computer and then log back into EMTBravo. Make sure you totally log off of EMTBravo before you do the dump. I'm at work right now so I have limite internet use. I'll try and chec k back after supper.

Izzy

Ive got the same problem. At work I use IE, and dump cookies and cache daily. At home I use firefox. Both browsers have the same problem.

Try This:

Press and hold the "Ctrl" key and press the number 0, (zero key).

Or, while holding "Ctrl" key rotate your mouse wheel (if you have that) in either direction.

I find that the words running into each other happens when I use a non-wide screen computer or laptop. When I use my wife's widescreen laptop, it looks fine, but my old dell 15" screen does what everyone is talking about. It may be a problem at the server end, only truly supporting widescreen formats.

Joe

Try This:

Or, while holding "Ctrl" key rotate your mouse wheel (if you have that) in either direction.

Nope - no relief.

Thanks though.

I find that the words running into each other happens when I use a non-wide screen computer or laptop. When I use my wife's widescreen laptop, it looks fine, but my old dell 15" screen does what everyone is talking about. It may be a problem at the server end, only truly supporting widescreen formats.

Joe

Got a widescreen monitor at work and a regular screen at home. And both screens show the words mashed together.

Thanks for the response though, Joe.

I'll have to check tommorow when I'm at home and try to research this better.

I can't replicate the problem on my end. I'll get back to all of you once I figure out what the hcek is going on.

Sorry for the slow response.

Izzy

This incident seems to have coincided with the placement of the banner ads on the top of the forum.

I removed one of the banners, which should reduce the page width. Does that do anything?

If so, I'll probaly have to make the ads smaller and more scalable.

Try This:

i tried that too, and it didn't work. thankfully that message pop-up lets me know when i have a message otherwise i wouldn't know.

Its probably just because your screen wasnt "maximized". It does the same with me. If you look at the top right of your window where the "X" you use to close the window is, theres 2 more buttons next to that. One is a " - " to minimize it, and one looks like a box to maximize it. If you click the "box" to maximize it, its no longer cluttered b/c now its fit to format or scale w/e. Now if you put it back to the smaller version it may have been on before, its cluttered again.

Hope I didnt confuse you.

-Chirs

Edited by NoFearFD

No you didn't confuse me, but by following your directions, it's even more clutterd.

I had the same problem but only with the emtbravo standard skin. I tried other skins and I found that the irish skin, steel blue, and emtbravo orange skin all do not have that problem. You can change skins on the bottom left hand side of the site, just scroll all the way down and look on the left and you will see the drop down menu.

No you didn't confuse me, but by following your directions, it's even more clutterd.

haha, woops. Works for me. Srry

I had the same problem but only with the emtbravo standard skin. I tried other skins and I found that the irish skin, steel blue, and emtbravo orange skin all do not have that problem. You can change skins on the bottom left hand side of the site, just scroll all the way down and look on the left and you will see the drop down menu.

Thanks Moose - that works - but I only have Darkness and Bravo Orange as other available skins?

Edited by FFNick

Thanks Moose - that works - but I only have Darkness and Bravo Orange as other available skins?

I just noticed that also, I guess they cleaned out some of the skins, but EMTBravo Orange does not have the clutter problem. I guess the Irish theme was for the holliday only! :(

My page is still congested though, and only the BravoOrange works for me.

Its probably just because your screen wasnt "maximized". It does the same with me. If you look at the top right of your window where the "X" you use to close the window is, theres 2 more buttons next to that. One is a " - " to minimize it, and one looks like a box to maximize it. If you click the "box" to maximize it, its no longer cluttered b/c now its fit to format or scale w/e. Now if you put it back to the smaller version it may have been on before, its cluttered again.

Hope I didnt confuse you.

-Chirs

Thats weird. When I maximize the browser it gets uncluttered. But when I go back to unmaximized, its cluttered again. almost like there is a set distance between the stuff on the left and the stuff on the right that is cluttered.

Tried changing the skin. the only one that is cluttered is the emtbravo skin. Darkness and orange are uncluttered.

Edited by jayhalsey

And today it is not cluttered. No changes made on my end.