Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shadow12083

911 help, my $4 burger is not cooked right

7 posts in this topic

this is good one.well i guess she was not getting her way.well id like to hear some more strange 911 calls.im sure there lot of them out there.

WOW! That can not be a real 911 call. How dumb could one person be?!?! I do have to give it to the dispatcher for keeping her cool, I think I would have laughed in her face.

Believe it, this is a real call. They played it during some of my dispatching classes. People today are ignorant. We drill into everyones head to call 911 for emergencies. But the kicker is, everyone not in emergency services has a different opinion as to what an emergency is. To this lady, this was an emergency to her. To you or me, it's just ridiculous. I get 911 calls all the time at work for roaming dogs, flat tires, loud music from the neighbors, etc... Most of the time, these people think it's an emergency. The others are just too lazy to call information to get the routine number. My favorite one is when someone calls 911 for an ambulance because their doctor told them to get to the hospital. It's not an emergency, the doctor just didn't like the test results and needed them to come in for more. I don't think that there will ever be a solution to the abuse of the 911 system. I'm all for helping someone in their time of need. It's just hard to put someone on hold with a true emergency to answer these assinine calls. I hope my rant made sense since it's 2 am and i have other things going around at work. :P

Believe it, this is a real call. They played it during some of my dispatching classes. People today are ignorant. We drill into everyones head to call 911 for emergencies. But the kicker is, everyone not in emergency services has a different opinion as to what an emergency is. To this lady, this was an emergency to her. To you or me, it's just ridiculous. I get 911 calls all the time at work for roaming dogs, flat tires, loud music from the neighbors, etc... Most of the time, these people think it's an emergency. The others are just too lazy to call information to get the routine number. My favorite one is when someone calls 911 for an ambulance because their doctor told them to get to the hospital. It's not an emergency, the doctor just didn't like the test results and needed them to come in for more. I don't think that there will ever be a solution to the abuse of the 911 system. I'm all for helping someone in their time of need. It's just hard to put someone on hold with a true emergency to answer these assinine calls. I hope my rant made sense since it's 2 am and i have other things going around at work. :P

You make perect sense. Maybe, similar to the Fire Prevetion Week stuff done at schools, someone can start training young kids on what constitutes an emerency. May take a while, but I think some form of public education is the only way of getting the message out.

You make perect sense. Maybe, similar to the Fire Prevetion Week stuff done at schools, someone can start training young kids on what constitutes an emerency. May take a while, but I think some form of public education is the only way of getting the message out.

I have to agree with that. Some places are now offering other numbers to call, like 311 for non-emergency.