Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mfc2257

Gettysburg, PA New Truck 1

9 posts in this topic

My former department has just taken final delivery of their new 104ft RM Seagrave Maurauder. This rig replaces the 1977 Seagrave 100ft RM that had been in service until last year. This is the rig that was featured earlier this year on EMTBRAVO with the blue LED lights that illuminate the ladder rungs and railings for easier climbing.

It is quartered along with Quint 1, Rescue 1, Engine 1-1, Reserve Engine 1-3, Ambulance 1A and 1A1, and Service 1. Gettysburg PA is on the MD border and the Mason Dixon Line halfway between York and Carslisle PA. 1 Hour north of DC and Baltimore.

Truck 1 until the late 1990's was the 1st due truck to the National Fire Academy in Emmitsburg, MD aproximately 15 miles south on US RT 15. Its first due area consists of the majority of Adams County PA, parts of Frederick and Carrol County MD, Gettysburg College as well as the National Parks that make up the Gettysburg Battlefields.

Other Pic's available at Gettysburg FD

post-163-1207664278.jpg

Edited by mfc2257

its a nice truck and i liked the blue lights an the ladder

the lights by the mirror are ugly but it's a nice truck.

the lights by the mirror are ugly but it's a nice truck.

If you are referring to the Mars 888's that are mounted at the corners on the low side of the windshield, they are some of my favorite warning lights along with the Roto-Ray....

But of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

BTW there aren't many departments that can say that they've been around as long as Gettysburg. This year they are celebrating 200 years. Founded in 1808.

Old as dirt !

Nice Truck, Good Luck with it!

That is one SWEET lookin' ride!

Best of luck to the Gettysburg FD. Hope it performs as well as, if not better than, it looks.