Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

New Hampton NY 5 + alarm fire

6 posts in this topic

From the Times record

April 11, 2008

New Hampton - A massive fire at Lee's Quality Tires this afternoon was sparked when gasoline on a drop cloth ignited. The fire spread quickly to the ceiling and raced through the building, said shop owner Lee Hubbert.

Hubbert said an employee was working on a car about noon today when the fire started. It spread through the 13,000-square-foot building within 3 minutes. The employees fled, escaping unharmed, before gas tanks and oxyacetylene tanks inside the work area exploded.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...1/NEWS/80411017

New Hampton car 2 was o/s very quickly progressing a 2nd to a 3rd alarm in about a minute.

This was some fire to listen too, a good amount of OC depts responed to this includeing the HAZ-MAT team. A request for Rockland's team was later canceled when enought OC team members responded. During the incident a report of a inj FF came over Mobil Life's channel (unknown condition). Fire crews will be o/s for a while.

During this fire, Silver lake & a m/a company from another dept were o/s of a minor structure fire at the Middletown Village Apts.

Mechanicstown and two other standby companies also took in an AFA at the Galleria while the incident was going on. Not sure what that amounted to.....was difficult to hear amidst all the other radio traffic.

My understanding is a FF stepped into a puddle that was deeper than he thought, resulting in burns when the scolding water filled his boot. Unknown condition.

My understanding is a FF stepped into a puddle that was deeper than he thought, resulting in burns when the scolding water filled his boot. Unknown condition.

OUCH!!!!!!

Record on line has a bunch of pictures and video of the fire. I like the guy with the safety officer turnout coat, no bunker pants and 3/4 boots turned down. :D