Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
50-65

National Registry: Anyone Taken The Exam Recently?

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone taken the NREMT recently? I was trying to find out more about it, but didn't get what I was looking for on the NREMT website.

It seems that for EMT-B, there is just the written (computer) test. Is there no practical test at the basic level? That doesn't seem right, but the info they post on testing only mentions the hands on stuff for EMT-I and Paramedic. Maybe I'm not looking n the right area.

If someone has info on this or can point me to the right info, I would appreciate this.

When I took the NREMT written a year ago, there was a written and a practical. I am from CT, I took the written in White Plains, and the practical in Meriden. If you are in a class, they should set up everything you will need to know concerning the practical date and location.

As a NY Basic, I refreshed, then took only a written exam for national registry -- I had to get my instructor fax in a sheet agreeing that I passed the practical for NYS

i,m an basic emt nys if i take the national registry test want does that mean ?? and when i move to florida is it good there ??.

I'm not in a class now. I refreshed last year. I seem to recall that if you refreshed within a certain time frame of taking the NR, you didn't have to take the practical. But again, I didn't find that info on their website.

I'm looking at a job out of state and in order to get reciprocity, you have to be NR.

OK, a little more research and I found what I was looking for.

From NREMT:

Registration Entry Requirements

Individuals applying for EMT-Basic registration must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the national registration as an EMT-Basic.

1. Applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
  2. Successfully complete, within the last two (2) years, a state-approved National Standard EMT-Basic education program, as developed and promulgated by the U.S. Department of Transportation.

Candidates who are not state certified and fail to become registered within two (2) years following EMT-Basic course completion must retake the entire EMT-Basic educational program.

If the candidate's initial training is beyond two (2) years and the candidate has maintained state certification, the candidate must complete a current state approved EMT-Basic refresher training program. Refresher training programs must be completed within the past two (2) years and meet or exceed the requirements of the U.S. Department of Transportation EMT-Basic Refresher Training Program, National Standard Curriculum.

If the candidate's initial training is beyond two (2) years and state certification has not been maintained, the candidate must complete the entire EMT-Basic education program.

3. Successfully complete, within the past twelve months, all sections of a state-approved EMT-Basic practical examination that equals or exceeds the established criteria of the National Registry.
  4. Truthfully complete the Licensing Action and Felony statements on the application and submit the requested documentation if necessary.
  5. Possess a current CPR Credential at the healthcare provider or equivalent level
  6. A non-refundable/non-transferable application fee of $70.00 to the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians, must be submitted with the application to cover the cost of processing the application.

Please Note - Each examination attempt will require an additional application and an additional application fee.

7. Successfully complete the above requirements and the National Registry EMT-Basic cognitive examination.

Expiration Date

Initial expiration dates are established in reference to the date of initial registration. Individuals initially registered during the first six months of the year will revert to the beginning of that year for an anniversary date. Those initially registered during the last six months of the year will begin their biennium the first day of the following year. All subsequent re-registration periods will be for the full two-year period running from April 1 through March 31.

For example:

Individuals successfully completing the examination between the dates of January 1, 2007 and June 30, 2007, will receive an expiration date of March 31, 2009.

Individuals successfully completing the examination between the dates of July 1, 2007 and December 31, 2007, will receive an expiration date of March 31, 2010.

Lapsed Registration

To be reinstated once EMT-Basic national registration has lapsed, the candidates must:

If lapsed within a two-year period, document successful completion of a state-approved DOT National Standard EMT-Basic Refresher education program within the past two (2) years; submit a new application and fee; and successfully complete the NREMT-Basic cognitive examination and state-approved practical examination (within the past 12 months) that meets or exceeds Registry standards.

If lapsed beyond a two-year period and still currently state-certified at the EMT-Basic level, document successful completion of a state-approved DOT National Standard EMT-Basic Refresher Training Course within the past two (2) years; submit a new application and fee; and successfully complete the NREMT-Basic cognitive examination and state-approved practical examination (within the past 12 months) that meets or exceeds Registry standards.

If lapsed beyond a two-year period and state certification at the EMT-Basic level has also lapsed, document successful completion of a new state-approved DOT National Standard EMT-Basic education program within the past two (2) years; submit a new application and fee; and successfully complete the NREMT-Basic cognitive examination and state-approved practical examination (within the past 12 months) that meets or exceeds Registry standards.

Thanks evryone.