Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efd184

Why would you do this?

15 posts in this topic

Alright this is really good!

Please watch this and maybe help me figure out WHY this guy not only goes in ALONE but with no mask on. The smoke is black what was he thinking?

Watching it, not only does that one firefighter go in alone and without his mask on, he just takes a quick look at the house and goes in. You dont know whats burning or how long its been burning, how stable the structure is...then you have what looks like at least one possibly two police officers going to where its burning on the side of the house, grab some type of object, go to the fire then leave.

Thats not something I would suggest doing...

Bad Idea

Didn't look like much fire. This guy is doing what alot of other guys do on a daily basis. Im sure there was other members around stretching a line. Looks like he had a can (extinguisher) with him. He probably got to knock down some fire before the line arrived. Good move.

My question is how does anyone even attempt to make comments on a fire or a firefighter's performance based on 48 seconds of video? How do you know he was alone? He could've already done his size-up before the camera started. You can see right as he goes in he drops to his knees to mask up and you can hear his irons hit the floor. Maybe he was going in to save a kid which to me would justify all his actions. This video shows us nothing and it's pointless to try and speculate whats going on.

Alright this is really good!

Please watch this and maybe help me figure out WHY this guy not only goes in ALONE but with no mask on. The smoke is black what was he thinking?

Edited by DFD801

My question is how does anyone even attempt to make comments on a fire or a firefighter's performance based on 48 seconds of video? How do you know he was alone? He could've already done his size-up before the camera started. Maybe he was going in to save a kid which to me would justify all his actions. This video shows us nothing and it's pointless to try and speculate whats going on.

It looks pretty stupid from the video, but you make a good point. Who say's he didn't peak in and see a pair of feet. Maybe he put his mask on just inside the door.....

......who knows. Looks dumb, but it is a short video.

It looks pretty stupid from the video, but you make a good point. Who say's he didn't peak in and see a pair of feet. Maybe he put his mask on just inside the door.....

......who knows. Looks dumb, but it is a short video.

I'll bet he did mask up inside, you can hear the tools hit the floor just as he gets inside and he looks like he's rolling back on knees to mask up. I'm not concerned given the amount of video provided.

I'll bet he did mask up inside, you can hear the tools hit the floor just as he gets inside and he looks like he's rolling back on knees to mask up. I'm not concerned given the amount of video provided.

Agreed...And it looked as if it was a small fire that he was probably extinguishing rapidly and saving the house...

Where is the hose line? There is one sitting on the lawn, maybe they wanted to give their helmets the 20,000 alarm look. :angry:

Maybe he wanted to be like Steven from Backdraft :D

Not standing up for the guy for going in without a mask, but did you all realize that this is the back of the house where the shots are being taken from? You can tell by watching either the first or second films.

More than likely (I hope) the lines came in from the front of the house, as later on in the second film you see units out front. As for going in alone, you should work in twos regardless if people went in from the front.

don't most departments require 2 in and 2 out?

don't most departments require 2 in and 2 out?

Looks like the fire was in the basement, better remove the siding so there's extension to the first floor sheating