Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
helicopper

Yonkers Unusual Incident - 04/19/08

5 posts in this topic

Date: 04-19-08

Time: 0200hrs

Units Operating: YPD 4th PCT, ESU

Description Of Incident: Male EDP locked in the old pump station for the DEP watershed. ESU forced entry into the pump house and shaft, removing the EDP. Male entered the aqueduct in Van Cortlandt Park.

Writer: Truck4

That is an unusual incident. Was this one of the active, in-use sections of aqueduct (with water?) or part of the older system that is no longer in use?

My guess would be that its one of those old buildings that are on the in use parts but have the doors welded and riveted shut. I used to try and get in those alll the time as a kid.

Edited by 99subi

If you go to the croton dam they have a solar powerd camera on one of the pump houses and on one of the built in pump house lookin buildings on the dam itself. I want to get in one so bad

If you go to the croton dam they have a solar powerd camera on one of the pump houses and on one of the built in pump house lookin buildings on the dam itself. I want to get in one so bad

If you try, you had better bring your SCBA. DEP and myself videoed the inside of the Croton "Gate House". The O2 level drops to about 12%. Without SCBA you pass out at around 16%