Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
millwood127

Trunked North On 46.22

16 posts in this topic

today I happened to hear mount kisco responding on 46.22 it sounded like the truck system was somehow being retransmitted on 46.22 anyone know anything about this?

Katonah has crossed linked trunk to 46.22

So does that mean you can hear units responding over your pagers? Also can 46.22 be heard on pagers that are set to 46.26?

So does that mean you can hear units responding over your pagers? Also can 46.22 be heard on pagers that are set to 46.26?

I know with the minitor v you can have two channels on it. it can be program to scan between the two channels and also have a priority channel

Edited by millwood127

I know with the minitor v you can have two channels on it. it can be program to scan between the two channels and also have a priority channel

i stated above that the 2 channel minitor v has a priority channel that is not the case also 46.22 is only for fire 16 so you will only here the following fd's on 46.22 armonk,banksville,bedford,bedford hills,chappaqua,katonah and mount kisco hope this info helps

i stated above that the 2 channel minitor v has a priority channel that is not the case also 46.22 is only for fire 16 so you will only here the following fd's on 46.22 armonk,banksville,bedford,bedford hills,chappaqua,katonah and mount kisco hope this info helps

Are there other channels that you can hear other battalions on that you know of? or possibly SteveOFD I know he knows a lot of this sort of stuff.

Are there other channels that you can hear other battalions on that you know of? or possibly SteveOFD I know he knows a lot of this sort of stuff.

No, I don't know of any other trunked system to low band freqs. As I posted in today's other trunked system thread, Yorktown FD is rumored to be looking to do the same thing for Fire 17.

Ok so this 46.22 can be heard on low band but from what I am reading if I am correct this can not be heard over a pager or can it be but only fire 16? Sorry for the million questions but if something like this can be done to pagers for fire 11 I would want to bring it up to my chiefs b/c I don't like the fact that I can't hear anyone call in responding anymore.

Ok so this 46.22 can be heard on low band but from what I am reading if I am correct this can not be heard over a pager or can it be but only fire 16? Sorry for the million questions but if something like this can be done to pagers for fire 11 I would want to bring it up to my chiefs b/c I don't like the fact that I can't hear anyone call in responding anymore.

I am unsure about the minitor 2,3 and 4 but the minitor v has an option that allows you to have two channels so you can have 46.26 and 46.22 on the pager and have it scan between the two channels and only fire 16 can be heard on 46.22

Edited by millwood127

On Minitor 2 3 and 4 , if it has the capability for 2 channels it can be done, but some one in each Batt. would have to crosslink it over.

when I was Chief my pager had 46.26 and 46.14 in it.

Katonah has a FCC license for 46.22 as well.

Katonah is in 16 and that is all it is set to Crosslink

Just an FYI, if multiple Departments start patching their TG (ie Fire 16, Fire 17, etc.) to 46.22MHz, then you will be able to hear all these TG's in the area of that particular repeater. The drawback to this concept is that if multiple TG's are transmitting at the same time, all the trunked system to 46.22MHz repeaters would key up at the same time therefore each one stepping on the other and no one being able to hear anything.

Edited by SteveOFD

But....... does anybody have permission from Westchester County to rebroadcast information from it's frequencys?

But....... does anybody have permission from Westchester County to rebroadcast information from it's frequencys?

I would tend to believe that they would allow it for safety reason since its breaking the law to have scanners in our pov how do we know if our dept has been returned to quarters or it is a false alarm we cant pick up the trunked system on our pagers. god forbid responding to the firehouse a member causes an accident there dept was returned and the member did not know. who's fault is it then

Edited by millwood127

The fault would be with the member. While responding they are suppose to be following all traffic rules and laws. If he causes an accident as you state.

The fault would be with the member. While responding they are suppose to be following all traffic rules and laws. If he causes an accident as you state.

yes this is true but if he or she kills someone trying to get to the fire house could the family of the victim hold the fire dept responsible as well

yes this is true but if he or she kills someone trying to get to the fire house could the family of the victim hold the fire dept responsible as well

Lawyers will sue as many people/organizations as they can that are involved in an incident. During trial people and organizations will be found to what degree they are responsible or not responsible. You, as the person that caused the incident, will always be to a certain degree responsible, and therefore held personally responsible. This means that you risk losing your house, your savings, etc., not to mention possibly being charged criminally.

This is why you should use caution (I hate the phrase "Proceed with Caution", we should always proceed with caution even in emergency mode) in responding to the Firehouse or the incident.