Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GM911

College EMS looking for a donation...

7 posts in this topic

So I have a question/favor for everyone....

My college EMS squad is currently operating with a pretty old and crappy rig... It is not as small as a van, yet is not as big as some of the newer ones.... I'd classify it as type 2.5 :lol:

It does not have a CPR seat, nor updated electronics or anything like the rigs back home.

0qe72q9m.jpg <---The George Washington University's ambulance

I was wondering if there is any program/agency/group that can help us get a newer, granted still "old", ambulance to put in service, possibly from an agency who has just replaced its ambulance with a new one. As a student-run organization, we have an extremely small amount of money in our budget, which goes towards restocking, oxygen, gas, etc. so purchasing a new one is not an option.

If anyone has any information on how we can acquire a new "old" ambulance for little or no money, that would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!!!

how does the rig run?

if the chasis and engine are still in working order, you might want to consider just getting a new/used box...just an idea

Try looking at corporate donors, since they can write things off on their taxes, and its always good headlines for them (and you)

Who is the ambulance manufacturer or dealer?

How about speaking with your local Ford dealer?

I'd suggest you try contacting them and explain your situation.

Maybe they could help you guys out?

GOOD LUCK!

Keep us posted on how you make out.

Great advice by all.

If anything I would try to see if you can find donations through varies sources mentioned and go with a van model.

Boxes may look nice but cost money and to be honest usually have a bunch of features rarely used. I don't think I have or have seen anyone do CPR from the "CPR seat." Its location basically sticks a person in that spot only and doesn't offer the best angle for chest compressions anyhow.

Hey all, thanks for your replies...

The CPR seat, though not always used for cpr, is great for members to do assessments and/or vitals while the medic starts a line on the other side. On another note, the school just purchased this vehicle for us, so they want nothing to do with it anymore unfortunately.

The corporate idea is actually a new one that I've never heard of before, I'll definitely pass that one on. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you think that there is any agency (who recently purchased a new rig) who would be willing to donate an ambulance to us??