Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LT. 22

Norwich 7 Alarm Fire-Any more Info

5 posts in this topic

Any more info on the fire? News reports are that 20 people are still missing. ?

Any more info on the fire? News reports are that 20 people are still missing. ?

The Boston T.V. Stations with reporters on the scene reported that there were no injuries and all people were accounted for. The Red Cross is assisting with 150 displaced residents.

that was really some devastation to a community 150 dispalced and left with nothing

further updates -- all residents are safe and accounted for.

Cause is still under investigation. There's a lot of kuddos going out to the FDs and PDs initally on scene as they were literally running through the building with fire around them knocking in doors and getting people out

I was at work (MPFD) when the call came in and my crew was surprised our tower didn't get called up top Norwich. They got inundated pretty fast and when the first unit arrived on scene, they stuck a 2nd and a 3rd alarm. At the same time, NFD was fighting a brush fire (as I was told) up in the Greenfield section of city (NFD's district).

They did have a water supply problem up there and they were mainly concerned about getting everyone out of the building. As of right now, this is a suspicious fire and the investigation is continuing.