Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest FallsFireman19

FREE NYPD Walk-In Police Exam

11 posts in this topic

Just for those who are interested and were not aware, this coming Sunday, May 4th, the NYPD will be hosting a FREE Police Exam at Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry.

NYPDRecruit.com

Just for those who are interested and were not aware, this coming Sunday, May 4th, the NYPD will be hosting a FREE Police Exam at Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry.

NYPDRecruit.com

With that great big starting pay and a chance to be sued/tried and convicted for doing your job they can keep it.....

NYPDRecruit.com

free? you normally have to pay to take the exam?

There's a fee for almost every civil service exam.

Usually an application fee right??

so the free exam must mean they're getting pretty desperate! i've been reading many, many articles on how F'd the NYPD is, and from magazines you wouldn't expect these type of articles to be in like Fortune, Forbes and The Economist. bottom line is the benefits in NYPD are good, but if they don't get that base pay up, they're going down the gutter. the best article i read was in the economist (march or april). i have the hard copy, if i can find it on the web, i'll post it. it really is a good read.

I am pretty sure it pays for the proctors...

Usually an application fee right??

Correct.

Used to be thousands of people took this test. Now they're so desperate that they're virtually begging people to take the test. Speaks VOLUMES!

The fees (as I understand it) have nothing at all to do with the PD (or FD as the case may be). They are fees to offset the expenses incurred by the Civil Service Commission for administering the exam and all the other administrative issues associated with the test/lists/etc.

NYPD has given their test free for years...nobody wants the job. I have met several people in the last six months who want to be a police officer, but do not want to deal with the low pay, both starting, and TOP, and all the other BS that goes on. The free test has been given for at least the last 4 years.

so the free exam must mean they're getting pretty desperate! i've been reading many, many articles on how F'd the NYPD is, and from magazines you wouldn't expect these type of articles to be in like Fortune, Forbes and The Economist. bottom line is the benefits in NYPD are good, but if they don't get that base pay up, they're going down the gutter. the best article i read was in the economist (march or april). i have the hard copy, if i can find it on the web, i'll post it. it really is a good read.

here's the article:

http://www.economist.com/world/na/displays...FTOKEN=32777224

Take it if you want a dangerous job that pays little more than someone that works at walmart with the opportunity to be sued, shot, and stand on line to get food stamps. :lol: