Followers 0
RWC130

Bronx River Parkway - Construction

9 posts in this topic

CONSTRUCTION!!!

(2 Year Project Starts May 5, 2008)

Building a NEW Exit Ramp

Bronx River Parkway N/B

E.233 Street (Bronx) to Oak Street (Mount Vernon)

EXPECT DELAYS!!!

:blink:

their building that next.

Since there are all ready exits at 233rd and oak I'm guessing the new exit will be between there. My guess would be Wakefield.

Since there are all ready exits at 233rd and oak I'm guessing the new exit will be between there. My guess would be Wakefield.

The new ramp will exit northbound to Yonkers/Mt. Vernon Avenues. The northbound exit to Oak St. will be eliminated. THis will remove the traffic jam on Oak St. with cars trying to enter the parkway northbound and cars exiting from the parkway.

Eliminate traffic...that is a concept that doesn't work. Exiting onto Mt Vernon Av/Yonkers Av will be just as bad.

Eliminate traffic...that is a concept that doesn't work. Exiting onto Mt Vernon Av/Yonkers Av will be just as bad.

It'll be worse with all the Taxi's and buses right there by Mt Vernon West.

Didn't they change the exit from MTV Avenue to Oak Street about 12 years ago? All that work for nothing. :blink:

12 yrs ago...before my time down here...but this will just be a mess. Why not extend the exit lane, and add a traffic light at Oak St, a little less work but since almost everyone that gets off at Oak St. from NB makes the left turn, this makes a whole lot of sense.....oh yeah, there is the problem, sense...keeps forgetting!