Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

United Hospital To Shut Its Doors Forever

34 posts in this topic

Great that everyone is expanding, but it doesnt solve the immediate need, what happens until everyone is done building? we are going to sit, suffer, and wait, while our patients sit on the stretcher wondering why they called in the first place.

Great that everyone is expanding, but it doesnt solve the immediate need, what happens until everyone is done building? we are going to sit, suffer, and wait, while our patients sit on the stretcher wondering why they called in the first place.

You act like it's a constant problem which I don't think it really is. Having been an ER patient twice, I can say that I wasn't stuck waiting forever and a day. We have to face facts that ER censuses (censi? :->) are VERY dynamic. Sometimes you have three nurses per patient, sometimes you have 10 patients per nurse. It's a viscuous see-saw like cycle. Right now we've swung to the side of "hurry up and wait" becuase of the immense volume brought on by this "viral illness" that's been going around.

The other problem with ER waits is ignorance about what goes on behind the scenes. It's very easy to criticise from our POV. I've seen a lot of posts from bitchy EMS people about long waits and diversionary cranckiness from ER staff, but I haven't heard one bit of feedback from someone on the other side of the clipboard.

United E/R saw over 20,000 patients last year.It's correct to say a large majority were undocumented and uninsured.This also caused

the longer wait at the E/R ,so the people who have a way to get to

Greenwich or White Plains,do so.The problem is now those same

people will be calling 911 to get a "FREE" ride to the hospital.This

can become a major problem for PCRRBEMS.Not to mention the longer turn around times.

We have been assured that the surrounding E/R can handle the

influx of patients.Speaking from experience,United is still open,and

there is a long delay already at Greenwich.I don't believe at the present staffing Greenwich can handle it.

The other problem is PCPD now has to transport all prisoner aided

to an ER in NY state so now PO's have to watch these prisoner's in

White Plains or WMC,taking them off the streets longer.This is a very serious problem,to the residents of PC.

The closing of United has a ripple effect, in many communities,which is cause for concern.

As far as Greenwich Hospital buying United.

THIS IS TOTALLY NOT TRUE !!!!!!!