Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firemoose827

1968 Mack Pumper

13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. This is my first attempt to post a picture in the Protection from the Past topic so I hope you like it.

I was at the County Haz-Mat Drill last night, and when we were finishing up we returned the gear to the county jail yard where we keep all county equipment, and sitting in the parking lot (Right under a street light fortunately) was this beautiful 1968 Mack Pumper from Granville. (Hey Seth, you try and start your own fire department lately! ;) )

Anyone know where Granville is? Is this truck familiar to anyone? I hope my picture quality is ok, I tried using the flash but it was even worse, so I took them with natural light and this is what I got. Hope their ok!

post-3032-1210766421.jpg

post-3032-1210766434.jpg

Hey Seth, you try and start your own fire department lately! ]

Initially, i was thinking the same thing, but upon further research... Granville, NY is way up north, about 30 Miles NE of Lake George, right on the NY/VT Border.

Map of Granville, NY

granville is a small town east of lake george. so were is this truck currently?

Edited by mrbolz

granville is a small town east of lake george. so were is this truck currently?

Schoharie County, 45 minutes west of Albany NY. Located in our County Jail yard where our dispatch center is located. We keep our county vehicles and equipment there until our new Training center is built, then this engine will be for the training center I hear.

This one is Ex-Granville, Massachusetts. it was on ebay a couple of times in the past year or so.

1968 CF608F10-1029 Vernon, Connecticut CT 1000/? Mack CF 9-20-68 Sold:Granville, MA

Edited by e290l103

It also spent a short time in a certain Circleville warehouse. Hmmmm......maybe that's what "somebody" traded for the Verplanck Mack C? ;):D

yes it did...
does anybody know If verplanck's hahn is in that same warehouse

This one is Ex-Granville, Massachusetts. it was on ebay a couple of times in the past year or so.

1968 CF608F10-1029 Vernon, Connecticut CT 1000/? Mack CF 9-20-68 Sold:Granville, MA

I believe this engine when it was serving Vernon it was at station 3 but I'll have to look it up.

Hello everyone. This is my first attempt to post a picture in the Protection from the Past topic so I hope you like it.

I was at the County Haz-Mat Drill last night, and when we were finishing up we returned the gear to the county jail yard where we keep all county equipment, and sitting in the parking lot (Right under a street light fortunately) was this beautiful 1968 Mack Pumper from Granville. (Hey Seth, you try and start your own fire department lately! ;) )

Anyone know where Granville is? Is this truck familiar to anyone? I hope my picture quality is ok, I tried using the flash but it was even worse, so I took them with natural light and this is what I got. Hope their ok!

post-3032-1210766421.jpg

post-3032-1210766434.jpg

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

That is our old engine!!

Granville is in Western MA located about 20 miles west of Springfield.

Granville Fire Deparment

Edited by DOC22
Made link hot

does anybody know If verplanck's hahn is in that same warehouse

I don't think so.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

That is our old engine!!

Granville is in Western MA located about 20 miles west of Springfield.

www.granvillevolunteerfiredepartment.org

Wow! Hey Josh, I have another Haz-Mat Meeting Monday Night, I will snap a few more shots of the pump and interior for you. This is great! I will find out more about the truck too.

Wow! Hey Josh, I have another Haz-Mat Meeting Monday Night, I will snap a few more shots of the pump and interior for you. This is great! I will find out more about the truck too.

that would be great!!

I barely remember this truck.. i am 17 now, I think we got rid of it when i was 10, still a great site.

If you would like, e-mail them to me as well as posting them

granvilledrummer@yahoo.com

Thanks, hope to see some pictures soon!!!