Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FFD941

Esopus (Ulster) NY - Multi-Jurisdiction Water Rescue Drill

4 posts in this topic

ESOPUS — The Esopus Fire Department, along with the Rip Van Winkle tour boat and about 30 emergency service agencies from Dutchess and Ulster counties, will conduct a water rescue exercise at 8 a.m. Sunday by the Esopus Light House on the Hudson River.

The simulated drill on the Rip Van Winkle is intended to prepare emergency agencies bordering the Hudson to assist in water rescue operations involving large vessels with high passenger capacities.

For more information, call the Esopus Fire Department at 845-384-6575.

Poughkeepsie Journal

Edited by xfirefighter484x
Altered Title Since No Ulster Forum

Is anyone on this site going to be involved in this drill? I hear it is going to be huge. Should be interesting because they are doing this drill in one of the main trolling channels in this area for Striped Bass and there is a huge tournament this weekend. I hear they are going to have the Coast Guard there with the guys that jump from the Choppers into the water.

I am going to be at Norie Point for the drill and am taking my camera with me so I hope to have photos to share

Drill was interesting. Unfortunately, no choppers involved. Unfortunately, very few "patients" showed up so there were lulls in activity as they recycled them. I took several photos and will post them later today.