Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Pound Ridge New Engine Delivered

17 posts in this topic

The last one GK built for them was on a Spartan. E-113

I could always make a phone call or two and see if i can get some more details on this rig... ;)

From what I understand, this engine is also to be mounted on a Spartan chassis, and will be replacing the current E-111

Hey guys, I see pound ridge is getting a new pumper to replace the ford/pierce E-111. This can be seen at gowansknight.com at the work in progress page. I was wondering since I did not see anything regarding this, or if there is I did not see it. Are they getting rid of the 1978 ford/pierce or just rolling it over to another role? Just courious. And on a side note do they still have U-26, the 1990's chevy suburban? I tried to find someone from pound ridge to P.M. but I could not, so sorry to anyone who I angered by starting this thread. Thank you for your time, steve.

Hey guys, I see pound ridge is getting a new pumper to replace the ford/pierce E-111. This can be seen at gowansknight.com at the work in progress page. I was wondering since I did not see anything regarding this, or if there is I did not see it. Are they getting rid of the 1978 ford/pierce or just rolling it over to another role? Just courious. And on a side note do they still have U-26, the 1990's chevy suburban? I tried to find someone from pound ridge to P.M. but I could not, so sorry to anyone who I angered by starting this thread. Thank you for your time, steve.

Here is our new rig, which will be replacing our current engine 111.

http://gowansknight.com/Pound%20Ridge%20Pumper.htm

I'll tell ya, GK has constructed some reliable apparatus bodies over the years as well as refurbs. If anyone has the chance to go to their open house definitely go. They are a great bunch of people up in Watertown, CT.

I'll tell ya, GK has constructed some reliable apparatus bodies over the years as well as refurbs. If anyone has the chance to go to their open house definitely go. They are a great bunch of people up in Watertown, CT.

They have been building our apparatus for many years. All of their vehicles are top quality. They take a lot of pride in what they build. Definitely a top notch outfit!!!

When we were specing out our new pumper, I was quite supprised that they never courted us or submitted a bid. Too bad I think we would really considered them as a builder.

When we were specing out our new pumper, I was quite supprised that they never courted us or submitted a bid. Too bad I think we would really considered them as a builder.

I think they have a limited production area, so that may have some influence on their decision to bid. Especially in the last few months as departments rushed to avoid the new NFPA 1901 standard going into effect Jan. 1, 2009.

I think they have a limited production area, so that may have some influence on their decision to bid. Especially in the last few months as departments rushed to avoid the new NFPA 1901 standard going into effect Jan. 1, 2009.

Yes they do and I have seen it. You should too if you ever get a chance if you haven't. Usually they try to court the local departments around here as they just signed a contract to build a new pumper for Bethany, CT which is close to my town. They had rebuilt several of Shelton's apparatus over the years too. Maybe it was with all the orders they already had like you said but I don't know for sure. Our department deals with them for pump testing, repairs and some equipment. We started designing our new engine back in 2003 so I agree i it was the production time end.

I know they wanted to bid on Patterson's new rescue, but had to decline due to existing work load.

New PRFD Engine 111 has been delivered. I saw it last night in PRFDs HQ next to Engine 113