Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Would WCPD Air Operations Go To Danbury?

4 posts in this topic

I was recently reading an article in one of the emergency services papers that Danbury, CT had a large brush fire, in which they requested air support from CSP-1, which was unavailable.

Since WCPD aviation is so close to Danbury, would they have responded if called? Did Danbury know of that resource?

I can tell you this, I have requested WCPD aviation to Putnam County for a lost, injured hiker, so they are able to go out og Westchester County.

Weren't WCPD and NYPD aviation recently in Ct for the perp search after an officer killed himself?

Weren't WCPD and NYPD aviation recently in Ct for the perp search after an officer killed himself?

Yes to both.

As for mutual aid requests to other counties, they're evaluated on a case by case basis and every effort is made to accommodate the requesting agency. There are occasionally instances where our local requirements prevent us from going but we've been to NJ and CT for plane crashes, Orange County NY for a search and Putnam on several occasions so our administration tries to assist whenever possible.