Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CPR Cards?

18 posts in this topic

During my EMT class we had a day where we got certified in CPR/AED with the AMA.

I never received any cards from the AMA? Should I have?

I'm trying to join up with a Vollie or Per Diem transport job and they all seem to require this card along with my EMT Cert.

During my EMT class we had a day where we got certified in CPR/AED with the AMA.

I never received any cards from the AMA? Should I have?

I'm trying to join up with a Vollie or Per Diem transport job and they all seem to require this card along with my EMT Cert.

You should of got it by now. I would contact one of your CIC's of your EMT class. Tell he/she what's going on, and see what they can do to help you.

You should of got it by now. I would contact one of your CIC's of your EMT class. Tell he/she what's going on, and see what they can do to help you.

I actually havent gotten one of those either

WILLDOGS,

I am gonna take a guess that you mean AHA?

American Heart Association

Give the EMT Instructor / Training Center a call.

I am sure they will take care of you.

Sometimes the paperwork takes a little time. :D

GOOD LUCK!

DUH! I dont know why I was thinking American Medical Association lol.

Yeah i've called the instructor twice over the last 2 weeks and he hasnt gotten back to me. Still waiting.

thanks all

You could always take the course again. Call the red cross, they are frequently running CPR courses.

You could always take the course again. Call the red cross, they are frequently running CPR courses.

No point if he just took it.

Contact the IC of the course or the program director. If they still are not getting back to you go ahead and contact the AHA directly and see if they can't get you a card. Good luck.

Don't bother contacting the AHA directly, they can't and won't help you. Cards are only issues directly to the TCs who then distribute to the students. Keep harping on your instructor for the card. If they don't get back to you, talk to the training center administrator. Where did you take your class? I know most of the TC Admins out there and might be able to help you.

If you took the course at Phelps and tested for your EMT in March than I feel your pain. My CPR card actually just came in the mail about a week ago and i took the CPR part around early January.

If your IC ever calls you back a letter from him should be enough until you get the actual card.

This is one of my pet peves!

Could somebody, anybody, please point me toward the source document that says I have to have an actual "CPR card" as an ongoing part of my credentials as a New York State EMT-B, D, I, or P? While I recognise and respect any individual agency's policy to require such a card amongst its EMTs I'm confused as to how a DOH inspector can demand that anyone produce one.

I've read article 30 part 800 front to back, back to front, and side to side... not once did I see ANYTHING about me taking a CPR class every two years [and getting some stupid card that I've got to pay for which doesn't certify me to do ANYTHING] yet every time someone mentions exactly what credentials I must carry on my person while acting as an EMS responder the "CPR card" magically appears. :angry:

No point if he just took it.

Train Train Train

I don't know about you guys but I don't do CPR everyday...What is a couple of hours out of a day??

He got back to me a few days ago and said they should have been mailed to my house. He said to wait anoher week or two and see if they come in. If not to call him back.

Phil: You bring up a good point. CPR is a requirement of the EMT curriculum and is required any time you take a refresher class. Even us CPR INSTRUCTORS have to do the CPR module of the class. So makes you wonder why the EMT card itself doesn't act as a defacto CPR card aside from the fact that our EMT cards expire in three years and CPR-PR usually expires in 2. :unsure:

I'll see if I can't track down the policy you seek. This might be a good question to field to the MARO office of the DOH since I'm guessing you got gigged recently.

It would be so much easier if the state just copied AHA's protocols verbatim and made them into a state protocol rather than deferring on a third party. Not like it's going to change any time soon. I don't mind sitting through the AHA BLS course, brush up on some A&P and throw down on some rescue annies.

Hey everyone

I just got certified in CPR/ AED by the American Red Cross.

I recieved a card that said vallid only for 2088. This is anobvious mistake. Can i still proform cpr and still be protected by the good simaritan law?

if you can send me a PM.

Thanks

The CPR card is just documentation for employment, feel good, etc. You are completely protected with or without the card.

The CPR card is just documentation for employment, feel good, etc. You are completely protected with or without the card.

Thank you so much!!!!