Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EJS1810

Mohegan Rescue 32?

11 posts in this topic

I was sitting home after work and heard 60-Control dispatch "Mohegan VAC, 39 medic(?) and Rescue 32 on a call. What is Rescue 32? I looked on the Westchester apparatus listing on www.Westchestergov.com and Rescue 32 was blank. Was i hearing things?

While I'm on Mohegan, today at work I heard 3 engines and a ladder get dispatched for a call. Has Mohegan changed thier assignments?

Ed,., I saw Rescue 32 a couple days at their headquaters. Must be really new but it looked very similiar to Utility 40. Same body, colors, and box I believe as well.

Damn, you guys are fast - I came on here to post the SAME exact question. Did some quick looking on MoheganFire.com and saw that U-40 is now Rescue 32. Confused me for a little while there, thought I was hearing things.

Rescue 32 = utility 40

and yes, the alarm assignments have changed, to what I'm not sure

The run assignments have officially been changed in 60 Control cad...i do not know the new amount/type of units assigned to the types of calls yet. Utility 40 has been changed to Rescue 32 due to the type of utility it is compared to the other EMS 1st response utility's in Mohegan (U18, U75, U80). The responses in the past in cad would assign one of the ems utilitys in U40's place when U40 was unavailable/OOS. Not much these ems utility's can do at a fire call, as they are generally ems only equiped Ford Explorers. Therefore these ems utilitys will not be dispatched to fire calls anymore, from what i understand. By showing as Rescue 32, there wont be a mixup in cad of closest available utility now and and an Engine will take the place of the Rescue when it is unavailable. Rescue 32 (ex-U40) has a Swab utility body and carries an host of small equipment. This includes a stokes basket, backboard, set of irons, 6' steel hook, bolt cutters, 2 airpacks, thermal imaging camara, reeves, tool box, windshield cutter, k-tool, 8 traffic cones, boxes of flares, fire line tape, water can, dry chem, CO2 extinguisher, gas detector, hand lights, utility rope, hazmat booms & pads, speedy dry, bottled water in cooler, defib, crash kit, O2 tanks, Thumper mechanical compressions machine, and water rescue throw rope. I also heard that a small extrication tool is on the rig or will be put on very shortly. Ironically, Rescue 32 used to be one of our old ambulance numbers during the Rescue Squad era that ended in the 90's.

Edited by CG206

CG206,

I remember the old days of Rescue 31, 32, and 33.

Then it went to 69-31, 69-32, and 69-33.

Now the B's.

(i.e. 69-B1)

BE SAFE!

CG206,

I remember the old days of Rescue 31, 32, and 33.

Then it went to 69-31, 69-32, and 69-33.

Now the B's.

(i.e. 69-B1)

BE SAFE!

Those were the days, huh Rob? I miss the old ambulances, such as the Rescue's of Mohegan, and the Yorktown one's with the 4 strobes around the roof, or especially the old Peekskill ambulances, 7501 (the van), 7502/7503 (the gmc boxes with the little window inside), and 7504 (the new one...well it was new to us for like 15 years...lol-an original braun slant side bus with ford van front end...), and of course all the people...It was definitely different then!

will there be another U40

No there will not be another utility 40 Rescue 32 is going to have some changes done too it so it can carry more equipment more cribbing more hazmat equipment and possibly a combi tool with a portable generator hasnt happened yet I will keep you posted. And yes it is relettered R32

I got this from the 60-Control page at the DES website:

RESCUE COMPANY

Valid Prefix (RES = Rescue Vehicle)

A support vehicle, not designed for patient transport but contains tools for life support, extrication, emergency medical care

Who assigns the designations? Is it up to the individual agency to call it what they want or does DES have to approve the type designation and then the agency uses their available numbers?