Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason S

Hughsonville (Dutchess) Structure Fire - 5-28-08

16 posts in this topic

Date: May 28, 2008

Time: 0950ish

Frequency: Dispatch, Response, Command

Units Operating: Hughsonville, Rombout, East Fishkill, New Hackensack, and NYSP (lol)

Description Of Incident: Fire in Trooper Sub Station

Writer: Jason S

1002hrs - 2nd dispatch for remaining Hughsonville equipment

1004hrs - 45-11 on scene

2K10 asks dispatch if fire units are responding to the trooper barracks, dispatch, says yes, smoke in building

1009hrs - 2K10 responding to scene

1013hrs - 45-1 requests New Hackensack to go on standby in their quarters

1019hrs - New Hackensack on standby

is "2K10" patrol or supervisor?

i dont know what 2K10 is, my guess is patrol

2K10 is a RMP. Today they are covering the Cold Spring-Fishkill-Wappingers post.

Anyone out there hear anything further on this one?

I Just Watched The Local News. That Is Like 2 Seconds Down The Road From There. It Seems That It Was An Electrical Fire (In An AC Unit, Fan Belt) And The Fire Alarms Didn't Work According To The Hughsonville Chief. They Supposedly Haven't Worked In Two Years He Said. That Is Interesting??? Also, Sad It Was A Light Brown Smoke Condition And Transcare Members Were Running Around With Fire Extinguishers. That Is Also Interesting???, LOL. Hope That Helps.

Thomas

Edited by TAPSJ
Spelling

The building is owned by the town of Wappinger. It sits right next door to the town hall.

Listening to the chief on the radio, he described the smoke as "banking down". Maybe the chief can give us a little bit of info.

I find it alittle interesting that the Urnal doesn't have this as the big headline story ....

Thanks for the info,. I too find it intresting that reportedly the Fire Alarm System wasn't working.

Hmmmmm wasn't it just posted in the urinal that the Town of Wappingers was conducting a complete in depth anyalsis of all TOWN OWNED buildings ? I think they mentioned that the current town hall still had few open permits from its errection date.

In the end I'm glad everything turned out ok for all in the building. Not so sure why its interesting the fire alarm system doesn't work, more thinking that it just should have been, but this is a common occurance for many buildings.

I was just wondering if Rombout was called for their aerial for a specific reason or capability...or was Wappingers ladder on a call already?

It is intresting. Because for one, the Town Fire Inspector wrote up a report and gave it to the town board and nothing has been done and it has been almost two years, that's from the words of a Hughsonville Chief. For second, in my opinion, it is an Emergency Facility, it handles NYSP and TOW Ambulance, two key items to public safty.

As for the use of Rombout ladder, from what I know and hear on dispatches, they run together. For AFA, CO Alarms, Structure Fires. Hughsonville runs thier FAS Team to Rombout. Rombout runs a truck to assist Hughsonville.

Thomas

In the end I'm glad everything turned out ok for all in the building. Not so sure why its interesting the fire alarm system doesn't work, more thinking that it just should have been, but this is a common occurance for many buildings.

I was just wondering if Rombout was called for their aerial for a specific reason or capability...or was Wappingers ladder on a call already?

Hughsonville has Rombout on all 1st alarms with the ladder I believe ... it kills me esp when they go the wappingers jr high which is 100 yards form Wappingers ladder truck. But hey if u were stuck in a burning building wouldnt you want to wait. I can def understand having Rombout going to the southern part of the district but i dont think theres anyway to cover yourself if something happends.

Just for the record I'm not trying whip up a storm here. I just thought from memory that Wappingers aerial is closer than Rombout's. I was thinking maybe it was a special call for a reason. If that's not the case, I would want to believe that public safety comes first no matter what decision, not anything else.

I know that Village Of Wappingers 68-45 is OOS. Don't know if it was out before, but definatlly out for thier ruptured gas line. Maybe someone from Wappingers can help us here, please.

Thomas

68-45 was only OOS for a few hours on 6/30 to put in the new headphone mikes