Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
INIT915

Arson K9's

9 posts in this topic

I know that Westchester County does have one with Cause and Origin. His name is "Blaze" and he's a German Shepherd...

post-2584-1212550840.jpg

I know they make boots for K9's but other than 9/11 I've never seen them used and even then it was only on one dog that always uses them. The one fire I saw a dog used at, he got a little too close to the victim and needed some BBP. Other than that it was mostly the handler looking for the where the dog walks.

Anyone have experience watching these Arson K9's work? I know we have one locally.

Its amazing that they can use matches or a lighter without fingers. :P

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to watch one work a scene. He came down from the Kingston area I believe. Orange County didn't have one then. I don't know if they do now.

He was a black lab. It was really neat to watch. He alerted on several points of origin.

Don't they wear boats?

If they wore boats they'd have to be called Marine Units!!! :lol:

We actually are fortunate enough to have two dogs in Westchester that work with the C&O Teams. Both the dogs and their handlers do an excellent job and are very useful throughout the county and surrounding area. A true asset to the County!