Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Middletown to spend almost $1 million on new fire trucks

9 posts in this topic

Mid-Hudson News Network

Middletown to spend almost $1 million on new fire trucks

MIDDLETOWN – The City of Middletown will bond nearly $1 million to purchase two new fire trucks.

The city’s common council approved the plan to replace two aging vehicles. Finance Committee Chairman Alderman Miguel Rodrigues said both trucks are over 20 years old.

http://midhudsonnews.com/News/June08/16/Mt...ks-16Jun08.html

Edited by jack10562
Source Site Copyright Notice and EMTBravo posting policy

Good for them! Congrats!

To the best of my knowledge, no bids have been awarded yet. Up for replacement are Engine 4 (Phoenix - '87 Pierce Arrow) and Engine 6 (Waalkills - '88 Pierce Lance).

Truck 1 (Excelsior H&L - '89 Simon-Duplex/LTI tiller) also has a committee in place and is looking at a new rig within the next year or two. That'll probably be another mil (or close to it) by itself.

Hopefully these will all arrive before the 150th Anniversary parade next October. Would be nice if they did, anyway.

Edited by AndyC3J

Government agencies do not receive "tax credits."

I was actually surprised how cheap tillers are, the one I saw at Bedford VA with a pre-piped waterway was $650,000, but they had to do their own compartment fitout - which is no big deal. Even if it was $700,000 then so be it, better than the 1.8 million we pay for a Bronto

Wow, that's pretty interesting (the cost of tillers, that is). Not sure what a rear-mount stick goes for nowadays, but I've heard of more than one tower/platform that hovered in the general area of a million.

What factors go into the sizeable difference?

I honestly don't know why they are cheaper, and this was a 2007 engine, I guess it depends what you spec on it. Being in australia we get shafted with prices for things.